• My in-laws recently filed false cases against me and my wife's MLC came negative within few hours

My wife called pcr and she claimed that i electrocuted her , beaten her and she fell down and all that stuff. PCR came and ambulance came. her mlc came negative within few hours. My in-laws has been planning this for months to extort money and property. Also before marriage my wife and in laws lied that my wife is doing a job and healthy. After marriage i found medicines of aids , asthma , hepatitis , post cancer treatment etc in her dressing table. My wife also after marriage pretended to work from home which was clearly a lie. My wife also alleges that they gave me dowry of 20 lakhs which is clearly a lie as i got married in arya samaj mandir vasant vihar. what can i do? i want to file tax evasion petition. In her previous marriage she did the same things. Exactly same things. what can i do?
Asked 8 months ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

18 Answers

A divorce petition on grounds of cruelty and abuse. 

An annulment of marriage petition on grounds of hiding material facts from you.

A criminal complaint against her and her parents for criminal intimidation criminal breach of trust fraud and cheating.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
12251 Answers
29 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to contest the case in trial or file quashing application in high court. You can also file discharge application

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
23361 Answers
49 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Please file divorce petition for the annulment of marriage against her invoking incurable disease ground of divorce, dangerous disease on her person before marriage. 

Any child out of wedlock? 

You may take an appropriate action upon the issues for claiming Custody of child or denials of custody at proper stage of the proceedings. 

You may file online complaint of tax evasion against your wife portraying her persistent defaulters under income Tax Act for evading willfully tax payments payable by her as per Income Tax Act. 

A cheating and fraud case against her before Police Station for same modus operandi to cheat you as she cheated on her previous relationship and husband. 

Ramesh Pandey
Advocate, Mumbai
2541 Answers
8 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File for anullment of marriage on grounds of fraud 


2) if wife has suppressed material facts about her pre existing illness you can file petition for anullment 


3) in alternative file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty 


4) you can in addition file tax evasion petition before income tax authorities 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
82096 Answers
5157 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you want to terminate the matrimonial knot, then, try to settle the matter amicably with your wife involving elders/relatives/friends etc and go for #Mutual Consent Divorce which will be decided in 6-18 months, and you both will be free to live life with your wish,


if failed, you can file #contested divorce on the grounds of #mental cruelty, venereal disease,

you can also file a Tax Evasion petition against her father/family,



Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Panipat
2343 Answers
4 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

You can ask them to prove first whether they'd given you money what proof they had regarding it. 

When they have given 20 lakhs ask court to expert opinion from them CIBIL records of her and her father than you will come to know how much money they had and all statement of bank account for all transactions.


Provide her previous divorce details.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12005 Answers
128 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

As you have the medical reports in your favour and in case any case is filed in police definitely will get favour from the police and in the court you will be able to prove yourself you have to provide the documentation in this regard however please be aware that before the marriage in case it has been promised by the in laws that there is no medical complication it is your responsibility to check out if there is any problem  however it will be good for you to stand clear on your evidences and provide them as and when required in the court.

This is very common allegation that they have paid the dowry and that can be contested because you have got married in Arya samaj so this might be accepted by the court that there was no doubt repayment and this marriage was as simple as it is.

Please remember to read this answer if you like it

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6820 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You have nothing to do except to file suit for divorce. 

This would entail 498A IPC case but after getting bail not much is to be done. 

Yes, you can lodge complaint with Income Tax department on her actual income. 

If you fail to prove her income I regret you will have to pay her maintenance. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22341 Answers
343 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file for annulment of marriage on the ground of hidden illness and other material facts.. You can further make a complaint to the police station stating the facts about your wife allegations. 

you also can file for divorce on the ground of cruelty and abuse. 

If you have the proof of fraud and cheating she did with her previous husband, then you can lodge an FIR for fraud or cheating against her. That will help you in nullifying the marriage and well help you in escape from maintenance liability as well.

Vivek Tanwar
Advocate, Gurgaon
6 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Filing false and baseless cases against husband, amounts to cruelty.

I will advise you to file a divorce petition in case you are unable to take this marriage. 

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9180 Answers
189 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a 420,406IPC police complaint against her and file an annulment of marriage petition on the ground of concealment of facts. 

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5365 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

You better file a contested divorce case on the grounds of cruelty if the situation is intolerable.

She will not change neither her parents, who are money minded will allow her to change.

Hence you may better think of your future and take a proper decision now.

The tax evasion petition is not going to give you any benefit.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
72170 Answers
1078 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are suggested to file the tax eviction petition against the father and relatives of your wife who claim to have given you Rs. 20 lac and also file the application to higher authorities of police for free and fair investigation. Do file the RTIs to get the details are required by you. Do attend the investigations strongly and be in direct contact discussion with any advocate of your choice so that you may not face any difficulties at the hands of police etc. on pretext of her complaints. Don't hesitate and do file the counter cases of blackmailing, extortion, threat to life etc. against them. It is made clear that the advice regarding having contact with advocate is just formal and no solicitation of any kind. 

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6616 Answers
14 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Bette apply for diovrce. Filing false complain agasint husband and in laws in mental cruelty and ground of divorce. 

Further, She is taking medicine of aids, this can be inferred, she have committed adultery. Dowry allegations have no validity until they prove the dowry given. 

In her previous marriage she did the same things. Exactly same things. -- Use this also to prove her conduct of blackmail and extortion. 

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21439 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You can file divorce on grounds mental cruelty. 

you can also file  Tax Evasion Petition (TEP) against her family. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19002 Answers
18 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. You should file petition for annulment of marriage under section 12 of Hindu Marriage act on grounds of misrepresentation of facts and fraud on grounds that she married you by hiding the details of her medical history and marriage for purpose of grabbing money.

2. Also find details about the complaints filed by her during her previous marriage. These details can help you defend yourself in the case against you.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10689 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hii greetings of the day ,

If she has so many illiness, since before marriage , and you were not aware about the same, now when the you know the fact, what proof you have about the same. Please go and meet the  best matrimonial lawyer in our locality  I mean with in your jusrisdiction and apply for judicial separation and act fast before it too late and come out of this marriage by proper legal channel.

All the best

Rita Rajput
Advocate, Thane
181 Answers
2 Consultations

Not rated

 As per Supreme Court judgement, wife is expected to move in with the relatives of their husbands, follow the rules and customs of their home, and ideally, blend in seamlessly as a new daughter. 

- Further, the court granted divorce to a man on the grounds of “cruelty” after his wife refused to share a home with her in-laws.

- Further, If wife is not supporting her husband for the enjoyment of life and denying relation, then the husband can get divorce after filing a divorce petition before the court on this ground.

- Further , only allegation by the wife is not enough for proving the case against husband , she has to produce the evidences for the same. 

- Further, on the ground of lie , you can file divorce petition before the court. 

- Further , you can file Tax evasion petition against her before the Income Tax department

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
6719 Answers
71 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer