• Who can file a criminal case in the event of filing false declaration

Dear Sir,
Who can file a criminal case if the winning candidate has filed a false declaration regarding his Educational qualification and immovable property in the Panchayat elections.  I belong to the neighbouring village. Please advise
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Mangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
1. Anybody from the general public including the losing candidate can initiate the criminal prosecution of the candidate who furnished a false declaration regarding his educational qualifications and the assets owned by him.

2. In addition to above, his election can also be challenged in the court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What type of criminal case do you intend to file against the winning candidate?
You can lodge a complaint with the Election commissioner against the candidate for his acts of fraud or suppressing facts material for declaration.
You  can even file a petition before the sessions court under election declaration petition to declare the election as null and void for the reasons quoted therein. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35910 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes you can file the case if have the evidence.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4867 Answers
222 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer