• Is Society memebr can process Deed Conveneyance

नमस्ते ,
जुलै २०१८ मध्ये आमच्या को हौसिंग सोसायटी ची स्थापना बिल्डर यांनी केली त्या नंतर त्यांनी कोणतीच General meeting बोलवली नाही आणि चेअरमन आणि सचिव यांची निवड झाली म्हणून सांगितले . आम्ही जवळ पास ९-१० सभासदांना त्यांनी या पासून दूर ठेवले आणि प्रोसेस केली . चेअरमन आणि सचिव यांनी आज पर्यंत त्यांनी कोणत्याच मीटिंग आम्हाला बोलवले नाही किंवा कोणत्याच गोष्टीची कल्पना दिली जात नाही .सोसायटी मधील बोरवेल चा पाण्याचा व्यवसाय केला जातॊ आणि त्याचे पैसे बिल्डर आणि जमीन मालक (चेअरमन,सोसायटी ) घेत आहेत. 
मला को. हौसिंग सोसायटी मधील चेअरमन आणि सचिव deed of conveyance ची process करत नसेल तर काय करावे. आम्ही याबाबत ज़िल्हा उपनिबंधक याना वारंवार याची कल्पना देण्यात आली आहे . चेअरमन आणि सचिव करत नसेल तर इतर सभासद प्रोसेस करू शकतील का ? या बाबत नियम आणि कोणी केले असेल तर त्याची माहिती देण्यात यावी . 
तरी मला खालील गोष्टींची माहिती देण्यात यावी. 
१) चेअरमन आणि सचिव यांच्या विरुद्ध कोणती कार्यवाही करावी. ?
२) deed of conveyance ची process चेअरमन आणि सचिव करत नसेल तर इतर सभासद प्रोसेस करू शकतील का?या बाबत नियम आणि कोणी केले असेल तर त्याची माहिती देण्यात यावी . 
३) आम्ही (९-१० ) सभासद आज पर्यंत कोणताच देखभाल खर्च देत नाही आहे . त्यांनी आम्हाला मीटिंग बोलवत नाही म्हणून कोणताच देखभाल खर्च दिला नाही म्हणून त्यांनी आम्हाला सोसायटी ने नोटीस पाठवली आहे तरी या बाबत मार्गदर्शन मिळावे . 
४) सोसायटी ला पत्र देऊन किती देखभाल खर्च ठेवला आहे आणि कोणी दिला आहे याबाबत वार्षिक जमा खर्च मागितला होता तरी त्यांनी आजपर्यंत दिला नाही ते कोणतीच माहिती देत नाही आहे . याबाबत उपनिबंधक याना सुद्धा कळविले आहे पण त्यांचाकडून आजपर्यंत कोणती कार्यवाही याबाबत लेखी कोणतेही कळविले नाही. 
५) या सगळ्यांची कल्पना उपनिबंदक आणि ज़िल्हा उपनिबंधक याना देण्यात आली आहे पण या कार्यालयाकडून कोणतीच कार्यवाही झालेली नाही 
तरी या सर्वावर कायदेशीर उपाय सांगण्यात यावा.
Asked 1 month ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

14 Answers

Kindly raise your query in English to enable Lawyers from the website to advice you 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
79344 Answers
4746 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File complaint against society office bearers before cooperative court and seek orders to appoint administrator for the society , to call for elections to MC , to direct builder to execute conveyance in favour of society 


2) Builder Is bound to execute deed of conveyance in favour of society 

3) yiu have to pay maintenance to society 


4) in alternative file complaint against society and builder before consumer forum and seek orders to direct builder to execute deed of conveyance 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
79344 Answers
4746 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Lodge a complaint against them with the Registrar of Society for their inaction. 

2. Yes. They can individually get the deed of conveyance registered. 

3. Make a consensus and start paying maintenance charges. 

4. Send RTI application seeking necessary details. 

5. File writ petition if the Registrar fails to take any action against him  

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
21685 Answers
311 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- A Housing society is a body that represents interest of people living in a community or a society and the association is responsible for managing day-to-day problems of the residents, organising events, managing facilities in the apartments and complexes and safeguarding the rights of the unit holders.

- Further , without calling a general body meeting , a society cannot be form legally. 

- Further, as per the Societies Registration Act, at least 10 members should give their names to the memorandum of association, who will occupy posts in the management body. If more residents are interested in becoming members, then elections have to be conducted.

- The membership of association should be open for any member of the society who is a major, is keen to participate in the development of the society and abides by the terms and conditions of the society without any discrimination of colour, caste, creed, and religion.

- Further, association should have a President, Treasurer and Secretary to carry out various roles effectively.

- Further, on the suggestions of the residents rules should be made, which is known as society bylaws, and every housing society has different set of laws governing them which are binding on each and every resident.

1. You can challenge the said election before the court , and also Registrar. 

2. Yes

3. Send a reply of that notice. 

4. You can file a complaint against the said builder before the Consumer forum for not issuing the conveyance deed.

5. As per the rules of the Societies Registration Act, any member or non-member can file a complaint.

- Further, the Registrar of Societies is bound to take action against the errant society on a legitimate complaint.

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
5538 Answers
51 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file a complaint under section 78 of MCS Act 1960. you can also file complaint under the consumer protection Act for the deficiency in service in the said matter

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
22447 Answers
49 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

The query may either be translated in English or Hindi, it is in Marathi language hence it may be difficult for other advocates to render proper opinion to your query. 

You may revert 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
69362 Answers
929 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Since the society is formed and the office bearers of the society have been appointed unilaterally at is will by the developer/builder and there was no general body meeting conducted so far nor there was any election to the association conducted so far as per bylaws of the society, the group of dissatisfied people can collectively submit a complaint venting out all the grievances including the hardships they face due to to illegal and arrogant attitude of the current office bearers, hence to remove them, conduct a proper election to the association and a general meeting under the supervision of the registrar of the cooperative societies.

2. A conveyance deed is essentially one wherein the seller transfers all rights to legally own, keep and enjoy a particular asset, immovable or movable. ... On signing a conveyance deed, the original owner transfers all legal rights over the property in question to the buyer, against a valid consideration (usually monetary)

You mean a conveyance deed:

Conveyance deed is a final document which a builder has to give while transferring the ownership of land on which a housing society building exists in favour of the society

The legal ownership of your society as a whole is not automatically acquired once the homeowners buy individual residences or once you form a co-operative housing society. A conveyance deed is a mandatory legal document that literally seals the deal. A big percentage of societies across the country exist without a Conveyance Deed which presents a set of challenges, including no ownership to the entire property and redevelopment woes.

However, the builder/developer is not always prompt and proactive in following the legal guidelines and it has been recorded a few years ago that around 80% of housing societies had not been given the conveyance deed in Maharashtra alone. Builders refrain from giving conveyance in hopes of increased FSI that they could avail in the future or simply because they are negligent in following the mandatory procedures. In such scenarios, the societies have the provision of obtaining Deemed Conveyance with the help of competent authorities and the Sub-registrar.

When the builder proves to be an obstacle in obtaining the Conveyance Deed, the society has to follow a procedure of obtaining certificates and documents from local authorities while simultaneously applying to the Sub-registrar who examines the documents provided and allows the builder to present his case. Only after due diligence and after ascertaining that the society is correct in demanding conveyance, the Registrar passes the order of issuing Deemed Conveyance under the Registration Act 1908, which is then considered legal and final.


3, You can issue a reply notice denying their allegations.

4.  You should not approach the deputy registrar for each and every thing frequently.

You gather all the grievances and the hardships suffered by all members like you and neatly draft a complaint venting out all your grievances and seek his intervention and proper legal action.

If he fails to take any action against your complaint, you may approach district registrar or even IG registration for relief or the cooperative court for remedy.

5. You see the above answer that suits this question too.



T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
69362 Answers
929 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

We answer your questions 1 to 5 in affirmative and for positive action. 

You and other 7 to 8 members need to file Writ Petition before Bombay High Court under Articles 226 and 227 invoking Extraordinary Jurisdiction of High Court in writ of Mandamus seeking direction to The State Government, The Advocate General, The Government Pleader ,Housing Ministry of Maharashtra, District Dy.Registrar Society, Dy Registrar Society, The Builder, The Society, The Chairman and Secretary of Society needs to be made as necessary parties Respondents for solving your problems created by Builder and Secretary, Chairman. 


Ramesh Pandey
Advocate, Mumbai
2538 Answers
8 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have already made complaint to sub registrar of co op society than make written complaint to registrar , assistant commissioner and commissioner of co operative society in Shivaji Nagar Pune. Tell all above problems whichever you are facing in the society.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
11668 Answers
109 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. An Individual Member CANNOT demand "Deemed Conveyance" from the District Deputy Registrar or the Consumer Court. The Application for the same can be made ONLY by a Society.

2. However a member is entitled to request ward Registrar to conduct Investigation into the affairs of the Society, consequent to which and based on the Inquiry Report, the Registrar would initiate legal proceedings against the nefarious Mg.Committee members, for various compliances & levy penalties.


Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5441 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You should make a written complaint to assistant registrar coop societies against chairman and secretary for non complaince of procedures for taking decisions in society. 

2. No other members cannot process deed of conveyance.

3. You should pay maintenance regularly so that you can claim your rights with confidence of no default from your end.

4. If deputy registrar is not taking any action then you can file suit for mandatory injunction against deputy registrar and members of managing committee.


Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10685 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Complaint in registrar cooperative Societies office. 

2. No

3. You need to pay.

4. File RTI for getting the status report of the complaint. 

5. File RTI.

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5364 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

File complaint against them with the Registrar of Society. 

Conveyance deed is a final document which a builder has to give while transferring the ownership. 

You have to pay maintenance. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
18942 Answers
11 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Call us through the website for further assistance.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
18942 Answers
11 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer