• Police calling me to visit station for cybercrime.

I've been in a relationship with a girl from Lahore, Pakistan for last 3 years. Two months ago, I came to know that she got married to someone. I had her pics with me, so I threatened her on email that I'll publish all her photos on YouTube and other platform to spoil her image, after that I didn't talk to her. She raised a complaint against me to her relative which is in India, however I didn't do any such act. I just wanted to scare her. I haven't shared her pic even with my friends. So, nothing bad done by me in any way except scaring. 

Today, I received a call from Cyber crime office in Dwarka, the ACP is asking me to make a visit there. Now, I am sure they may humiliate me, scare me, etc. What should I do, I will hire the lawyer who can help me in this matter.
Asked 1 month ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

20 Answers

No FIR may have registered but routine inquiry. Clear your mobile and don`t carry with you. Polcie will only warn you, no to do any such act and delete all her pics.

Well, you have committed a mistake so have to face little much. Either request her to take her complaint, you just in haste made such threat. If complaint withdrawn, no issue else go with local advocate.

And the ACP, cannot visit at present due to chances of covid effected.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21402 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Yes,Definitely you need an Advocate who knows cyber laws very well to get an Anticipatory Bail from District and Sessions Court because of the facts mentioned by you all are cognizable, non-bailable and warrant triable under I T Act .

Ramesh Pandey
Advocate, Mumbai
2538 Answers
8 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You shouldn't visit cyber crime office on your own.

Hire a competent lawyer from your city to represent you there. 

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5612 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should visit poluce station have your statement recorded 


2) take the defence that you have not transmitted any of her pictures 



Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
79294 Answers
4742 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. engage a lawyer and discuss the matter thoroughly sharing/mentioning all documents,

2. if the FIR is lodged or the complaint is registered, you should opt for the anticipatory bail 

Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Panipat
2330 Answers
3 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

First check what is the matter and for what reason ASP has called you in the police station. Whatsoever you had disclosed here do not disclose there, check what type of question they ask you and answer them accordingly.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
11668 Answers
109 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


1. Even scaring and sending a message amounts to an offence. However, it is not a serious offence and the police will not arrest you. 

2. You may contact me or any Delhi based lawyer and prefer visiting the police station along with him. 

3. Try to know the allegations against you and in your defence you can state that it was only out of frustration. Try to settle the matter without the FIR being registered against you.  

Agam Sharma
Advocate, New Delhi
553 Answers
4 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- Section 66A of the IT Act, prohibits the sending of offensive messages though a communication device, i.e. through an online medium.

- This covers, offensive messages of a menacing character, or a message that the sender knows to be false but is sent for the purpose of ‘causing annoyance, inconvenience, danger, obstruction, insult, injury, criminal intimidation, enmity, hatred, or ill will.

- The person who booked under Section 66A could face up to 3 years of imprisonment along with a fine.

- Since,you have threatened her for publishing her image for defaming purpose , then legally she can lodge a complaint against you. 

- Further ,as you receive call from Cyber crime office , then after appearing there you can plead that your intention was not to harm her , and you are ready to apologise from her.. 

- However , better to take help from lawyer . 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
5531 Answers
51 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Seek a lawyers help, and have him with you when you go see the Police.

If there is any FIR against you, seek anticipatory bail. 

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9126 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Untill and unless they issue notice you need not to visit and if you decide to visit be dure to take your lawyer and a friend with you.

Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2904 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

If you have been summoned by police,m you may have to  call on them on the time and date fixed otherwise it may turn more serious.

You can be accompanied by a lawyer to protect your interests.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
69328 Answers
929 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Your so called "Scaring" Act, amounts to Criminal Intimidation, Threatening, Nuisance, Mischief, Breach of Trust, Defamation, etc.... under the Indian Penal Code, which is punishable for approx. minimum 3 years.

2. However, since you have not threatened the Indian Relative, the said relative has no legal jurisdiction to lodge any complaint.  The Pakistan Lady has to personally lodge any complaint for it to have some legally enforceable prosecutable value.

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5441 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 1. You may visit the police station along with an Advocate who may assist you on the allegations levelled by the girl's relative. Also, you may give a reply against the complaint filed by her. 

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25513 Answers
111 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You don't have to worry. You need to find out whether any fir is filed against you. If yes then seek an anticipatory bail for the same. Dont do there without anticipatory bail they may falsely arrest you

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
22417 Answers
49 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are suggested to visit the said police station and attend the enquiry else, they may take stern action against them. In the enquiry, you are suggested to submit that you have not done anything wrong. 

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6512 Answers
13 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

In such a situation, if you have received a call from the ACP office for your presence, this matter can be closed then and there and it will not be amounting to any offence under section 66E of the Information Technology Act, 2000. The defense in your case has to made thoughtfully. so, i will advise you to accompany a lawyer and take his assistance before the police officials. 


In case you need my assistance for the matter, i can be contacted at 




Yuganshu Sharma
Advocate, New Delhi
386 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

Go there with a lawyer. 

Threatening her to publish the pics is also a crime.

Try apologizing and close the matter here only.

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5364 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

there are number of lawyers in this website from delhi having good ratings . you can check their profile on the website and consult. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
18935 Answers
11 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. You should visit the police station and explain your version because it is a crime to threaten someone and specially a girl that you will spoil her image by making her images viral on internet which she sent you on trust. 

2. Delete the images available with you and tell police that email was sent just in anger and you had no intention to commit such offence 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10685 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Engage a lawyer and tell him everything. He will talk to the police. Lodge a complaint against her relatives in India if the need arises.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
11560 Answers
20 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer