• Agricultural land purchase in Madhya Pradesh

I am born and belong to Madhya Pradesh and wish to buy agricultural land near Ujjain.
I am working in private sector in Pune.
Am I legally eligible to buy agricultural land, which I wish to develop as farm house with some agricultural produce..
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law

3 answers received in 30 minutes.

You can purchase agricultural land in MP.  In  Madhya Pradesh, the limit on perennially irrigated land is 7.28 hectares and dry land is 21.85 hectares, respectively.

You are at liberty to purchase agricultural land in MP 

there is no restriction that only agriculturist can purchase agricultural land 

Land laws are different in every state. 

If in your state only a farmer can buy agricultural land then you will have to show your profession to prove the eligibility. 

Therefore meet the local Land Settlement Authority to find out more on your capacity to buy such land and its mode of use 

Yes,Definitely you may buy agricultural land provided you are a farmer under Land Ceiling Act which regulates holdings of agricultural land by Indian farmers in India.

Ramesh Pandey

1. ONLY an original Agriculturist can purchase agricultural land, anywhere in India.

2. Visit the following link, for more INFO into the matter:
https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Can-Pvt-Ltd-Company-in-Maharashtra-buy-Agricultural-land-15364.asp

Hemant Agarwal

Yes you can buy the same

Dear sir,

Yes you are eligible to buy the agricultural land unless the seller belongs to SC/ST community and you belong to some other community. 

Agam Sharma

Yes you can

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak

There is no prohibition to buy agriculture land in MP, just a ceiling which is also increased.

In Madhya Pradesh any body can buy an agriculture land subject to a ceiling.

The provisions of this law were amended in 2010 and people from other states can now purchase agricultural land here.

It is not a matter of eligibility. Right to property is your constitutional right. Go for it and develop farm house with

agricultural produce and promote agribusiness.   Good luck.

Dalip Singh

- As per law, there is no restriction to purchase agriculture land in Madhya Pradesh , except an NRI.

- Hence,as you belong to Madhya Pradesh , then you are free to purchase an agriculture land near Ujjain. 

- However there is limitation to purchase , i.e. 7.28 hectares for perennially irrigated and 21.85 hectares for dry land.

Mohammed Shahzad

Any resident national can own an agriculture land in MP. 

Yes you are eligible to purchase agricultural land in Madhya Pradesh.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are very well authorised and eligible to do so. 

Ganesh Singh

You can if you already own agricultural land. Otherwise states have put restrictions upon persons with non agricultural backgrounds.

Rahul Mishra

1. As per the information mentioned in the present query, makes it clear that you wish to buy the land for agricultural purposes with some use of the same land as farm house.
  2. I would like to apprise you that yes you can buy an agricultural land despite not having the farming background.
  3. You can get the land after seeking formal permission from the SDM of the area where the land is situated and you will have to give an undertaking that you will be using the land for the said purpose only and if happens to change purpose of the land to commercial then also you must take proper persimmon otherwise as per now you have all right to buy the land.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi