• Legally harassed after helping road accident victim

I am a student and I am studying on cases where persons who helped road accident victims are legally harassed and are summoned to courts several times. I want to reach out to such cases and develop a paper on the same so that something can be done about it and people don't hesitate while helping road accident victim. Please guide me how can I reach to such people. I will be grateful to you. My email Id is jaiswal.rishika@gmail.com 

Look forward to receiving your response. 

Thankyou
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from New Delhi, Delhi
contact police headquarter and get the detail of FIR in these type of cases and get the detail of victims.

People hesitate to help victims of road accidents because they are in oblivion to law. Nobody who helps a victim of road accident is necessarily required to attend a court hearing except if he is a witness to the accident itself. 

In case you desire to collect data of the number of road accidents which took place and victims who died due to absence of any immediate help then you may write to police commissioner of Delhi.

Just write a simple letter to CP of Delhi stating why you need the information. If information is denied then you may take recourse to RTI.