• Name re-arrangement/correction

Most documents ( passport, aadhar, PAN ) have my name as "Honnavalli Pradeep Pranaav".This causes a lot of confusion with first name and last name. I wish to re-apply for these documents with the name "Pranaav Pradeep Honnavalli". There is no change in the letters in the name but only the order is changing. I am born in Bangalore but I reside in Goa. All documents are based of Goa except my birth certificate. I have already amended my birth certificate once.
Asked 16 days ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

14 Answers

No change is required 

There are no spelling mistakes in your name 


if you so desire apply to change order of your name to passport office and other authorities with documentary evidence if your correct name

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
76984 Answers
4621 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Well.  First you will have to affirm an affidavit before the first class Magistrate on new name and then make a newspaper or Gazette publication. 

On this basis you will have to apply for correction of name before the public authorities. 

All the public authorities though are not bound to correct the names in their records. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
20791 Answers
296 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can apply for change in Name in the state or Central  govt gazette and then make change in the passport, aadhaar and Pan card.


To apply for Govt Gazette, you will need Affidavit Notarized, Advertisement in 2 newspaper one in local and one in National,

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
10682 Answers
94 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

What is your name in 10th 12th, BC, voter i`d cards ? IF Pranaav Pradeep Honnavalli than will face no issue to replace name in passport, aadhar, PAN.


Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
20151 Answers
28 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Please approach Government printing press of State of Goa for the application to change the name and birthday. 

They would provide you application, annexures to be filled up  by you and submit the same for publication of change of name in the official website and Gazette of Government of Goa.They would charge you a nominal fees for the publication of your changed name in the official website and Gazette of State of Goa.

Next step to take copy of Gazette and publish it in two Newspapers in Goa one English language another Local newspaper for change of name.

Your process  to change over your name has been completed

Ramesh Pandey
Advocate, Mumbai
1303 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- Since , you got amended your birth certificate with the correct orders , then with this certificate you can apply for changing /amending the other documents , after moving an application with an affidavit . 

- However , you are suggested to publish a Public Notice in the daily newspaper , that your correct name is Pranaav Pradeep Honnavall and in future you will known with this name for all purposes. 

- Further submit the said news paper copy in the respective authority to correct the name in Passport , aadhar and Pan Card. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
4183 Answers
43 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can get the name changed through gazettee notification and paper publication

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
20590 Answers
38 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Need to file a declaration suit for this amendment 

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
4059 Answers
4 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

There is a provision to correct and changed the name and spelling by way of Publication in two newspapers one newspaper should be a National newspaper and other is local newspaper.. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
17336 Answers
11 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

You are suggested not to reapply for the said documents, rather you may apply for the correction of the name as per the birth certificate and this work can be done at any place.  

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, NEW DELHI
5435 Answers
10 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You need to sworn an affidavit before the first class judicial magistrate to rectify the error.

Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2251 Answers
4 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

You can apply for rearrangement of name in your documents by following the procedure for updation of that document.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
9322 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You cannot amend the documents as per your wish as and when you want to change your name.

The procedure to follow is  to  apply for change of name as per procedure.

Prepare a notarised affidavit, get it published in a local newspaper and get the change of name published in the government gazette publication.

The name change from so and so to so and so to be clearly mentioned in the affidavit so tht there is no ambiguity in future in this regard.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
66986 Answers
884 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

  1. As per the information mentioned in the present query, makes it clear that you wish to get the sequence of the name changed.
  2. I would like to apprise you that yes you can do that but there are many ways to get that done.
  3. You can execute an affidavit stating the change in name sequence and then publish an article in one local and one national newspaper and then use the same name subsequently.
  4. As now it can’t be done to make any changes in any education document as the limitation period from the same has now been gone.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5333 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer