• Apply for passport

I am staying on rent in a girl's PG for past 3 years and i don't have a rent agreement. I have post paid phone bill (as present address proof which is Noida) of past 2 years. I have Adhar Card, Driving License, PAN card on my Permanent Address (Kota, Rajasthan) with original birth certificate and 10th certificate. I did tried applying for passport earlier through my permanent address but was not present for police verification hence got adverse report and got my file closed (after paying the penalty). I want to apply for my passport and as suggested by RPO officer from Noida (Present address). Am i going to face any further difficulties? And since I don't have a rent agreement, will that be a problem.
Asked in Constitutional Law from Noida, Uttar Pradesh
1. How do you prove your residence if you do not have a rent agreement? How could your rented address be mentioned as your present address in the first place if you do not have a sale deed or rent agreement in your favour?

2. You should apply with the address which finds a mention on your Adhar Card, Driving License, PAN card.

3. You cannot be issued a favourable verification report unless you have the rent agreement in your favour.

1) you need rent agreement that you have been staying in said premises  for over period of 1 year 

2) without rent agreement you dont have any evidence that you are staying in premises for over 3 years 

3) obtain letter from place wherein you are staying . it should mention that you are staying there and paying rent 

4) you must be having rent receipts . enclose it with said letter received from owner of the premises 

5) or you again apply for passport from your permanent address and remain present during police verification 

1) as mentioned in my reply ask for landlord to give you a letter that  you re staying in said premises 

2) if landlord refuses to give such a letter dont apply for passport from your temporary  address 

3) it would be rejected as you have no evidence of staying in said premises 

One can apply passport stating the permanent place even if he is not regularly staying in that address.
Do reply on aadhar card or pan card address. I am not sure you will get passport showing g address.

1. Once you own a property or have taken it on lease it is not mandatory to reside in it. 

2. The fact of the matter is you have no documentary proof to prove that you have taken the premises on rent. Creating a bank account with the rented address when you do not have a rent agreement, is illegal. 

3. You cannot be issued a passport on the basis of telephone bill and bank passbook, a fact which will dawn on you when you apply for passport. 

4. Apply with your permanent address. The RPO will not come to your rescue if your application for issue of passport is turned down. You will have to wage a battle in a court of law.