• Converting Non NA plot to NA plot

I am Mahesh from Pune.
I have seen a plot near kharadi area i.e, chokhidhani pune and the plot size is 1000 sq. ft. and rate is Rs. 13 Lac
It's a total area of 3 acre and builder has divided into plot i.e., 1000,2000 sq. ft.
But it's Non NA plot and comes under Grampanchayat. I know there is risk if I am going for construction of building.
Can i convert only mine 1000 sq. ft. plot to NA plot leaving other plot unchanged. 
should i go for the plot as I am looking for my own purpose to built the house.
What is the procedure to follow the same.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

13 Answers

You can purchase the plot and later on can apply for NA procedure in Collector Office for NA. But once you have to check  land history and ceiling or acquisition is not applicable by government. (like School reservation or Biological park etc).

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12932 Answers
256 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

For obtaining  land conversion, the applicant has to attach documents as mentioned below:

  • Prescribed application form duly filled in duplicate with court fee stamp of rupees 5
  • Extract of 7/12 and its four photocopies
  • Copies of the relevant mutation entries about land in question
  • If the record is not available in the revenue office, a certificate from the Revenue Officer (Talathi or Tahasildar) stating that the files are not available with
  • Extract of village form 8A
  • Certified copies of the land map issued by Taluka Inspector or Taluka Land Record Office
  • Site plan (8 copies) and eight copies of the building plan (if permission is asked for constructing the building)
  • Extract of the relevant 7/12 – If the proposed land is not abutting to the classified road and right of the way over the boundaries of other survey number or GAT number is acquired and
  • If the land in question is abutting SH, NH or EW, a copy of the NOC from Highway Authorities or other appropriate authority
  • NOC from Municipal concern councils or Gram Panchayat
  • If the permission for conversion is already granted an application is to be made for a change of use of land, then a copy of the NA order and sanctioned plan is to be attached,
  • If the area is attracting provisions of Bombay Tenancy and Agricultural Lands Act, 1948 then the Sale Permission received under section 43/63
  • No dues certificate from farmer’s co-op society,
  • A document obtained from the Talathi stating therein that the land in the question is not under acquisition.
  • If there is no Municipal Corporation or Municipal Council in the area for proposed conversion, the applicant needs to submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) and clearance certificate.

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94965 Answers
7576 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Check for the registrations for the plot with the local land revenue office. If registration for the particular area are being done than its ok

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5365 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

You cannot apply for NA for your plot alone.

In fact without NA conversion the seller cannot make plots in the land.

Only after the entire stretch of land is converted into NA that approval for plots may be granted by the competent authority.

You my first obtain a proper legal opinion before buying this property for your own safety and to avoid future problems in this regard.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85166 Answers
2222 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You will have to approach office of the Collector and seek permission to convert the land from Agricultural to N A which is allowed under M. L.R.C. 1966.

Ramesh Pandey
Advocate, Mumbai
2541 Answers
8 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can convert it easily through following the procedure. As per the Maharashtra Land Revenue Code rules,  before carrying out any development on the agriculture land, an eligible person need to apply to the collector for the permission to convert the use of agricultural land into the non-agricultural purpose or to change the use of land from one non-agricultural purpose to another non-agricultural purpose.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32093 Answers
183 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Yes you can but before you proceed with this I would like to suggest you to interact with the concerned authorities. 

Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2965 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

The builder has divided the land into plots but hasn't converted it into non agricultural land. You should ask the builder to do it. Or buy the property and then do it yourself. But first find out whether that plot of land can be converted or not.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
14091 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Depending on the type of Town Planning Zone's (Green, Residential, Forest .... zones), an entire survey no. can be converted to NA, buy proper survey, demarcation, sub-division of survey into plot survey etc....  This has to be done thru office of district Collector.

2. IF plot area is within "Gaothan area" of Gram Panchayat, THEN there is no need to convert into NA and construction permission can be taken from Gram Panchayat.

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- Yes, you can separately convert agricultural land into residential or industrial land by paying a fee.

- You should apply to the Collector or deputy commissioner of the land revenue department, explaining the purpose of conversion,with an application with the proof of address & ID proof, mutation letter, original sale deed , latest tax paid receipt and certified survey map.

- After paying the Fees of conversion , a Conversion Certificate will be issued to you. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13377 Answers
199 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can apply for conversion of your area but it is advisable to let builder get it converted first than only purchase as division of agriculture land without conversion itself is invalid.

Purchase not advisable without conversion.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22671 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You can get a 'change of land use' after obtaining the necessary approval from the local authorities. You have to apply to the commissioner of the land revenue department, explaining the purpose of conversion.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19299 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. You can go for separate conversion of plot but it can be more expensive than you thought for conversion of land.

2. I would not suggest you to go for this plot without conversion of land use.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10687 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer