• Harrassment towards my mother and children by own father

sir,my family consists of 9members,my dad,mom n 5sisters and 2 elder brothers.since our childhood we have never have proper home or food and proper systematic education due to my fathers irresponsible behaviour in career as well as towards my mother and us..my father himself is a lawyer..who studied recently and acquired degree..few years back..he harrassed my mother with abusive language and beatings sometimes even we cant bare and intervene..but my mother never allowed to complaint and my elders too..because we are frm a muslim background..and also he abuses to us all children if we want to earn or work..he says get money and give to him or else leave home..my mother is 55yrs and father is 61yrs..on a daily basis he even suffered us by not providing food..and even he beleives in all supernatural things by going to some people we dont know what he practices but due to this behaviour my mother is mentally stressed and ill..even we facing mental torture..as we girls are more at home we feel less secure because of his awkward behaviours towards girls..we children are scared even to go out and work just because of my mother will be beaten or anything might happen..we try to divert our minds..but i dont know there is end to this torture..my father says very bad language to us all..n even tried to remove us from home..and now he brought one servant to whom he told to keep an eye on us..so that he will throw us out from home..i dont know how to express my problem and concern towards my mother and family..as a children we dont shout on our father unless he does anything to my mother its a shame to tell this..because i myself as a girl cant able to stand to my mother..my father's brothers and there children too come often to home without aur knowledge and force my mother not to say anything to my father..till now whoever we say this problem which we facing from our childhood and more than us my mother is more suffering..she cant cook in the kitchen she cant go from 1room to another she cant recieve phone call she cannot say anything to us if anything happens in our absence..even if we provide her a phone she cant..there is so much to say which happened in this years..but please say something what i can do to stop this..please a request..sir dont show this message to all..please..
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Muslim
1) your mother can file complaint against her husband under DV act . seek protection order for herself and the children . also seek right to stay in matrimonial home . or alternative accommodation . in addition she can seek maintenance .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46884 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your mother may bring maintenance proceedings against her husband under DV Act. Apart from it she may also seek the right to residence and protection from abuse in her matrimonial house.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer