• Harassment by local goondas

Sir, What are the options to consider when I have been repeatedly threatened to death by some local goondas .....Neither I know them very well nor do I have any mess with them.....   all I came to know that they have some problems with my elder brother.   I am very tensed so are my old age parents......... what to get suggestion for  the proper steps to be taken for our safety...... they seemed not to be threatened by police even ( may be they have some links with them)  ..... please suggest
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from coochbehar, West Bengal
file a complaint in local police station and if they do not take any action ,then file a complaint under 200crpc in the court of Judicial Magistrate
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Have you not filed a police complaint against them? Immediately go to the nearest police station and file a FIR against them. If you have any reason to infer from the conduct of police officials that they are acting in cahoots with the goons then move to the High Court and seek protection for yourself and action against them.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23170 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer