Dear Credit Card Defaulter,
Normally you have understand the process of Credit Card Charges. Once you default in payment, the Credit Card Issuer levies service charges and late payment surcharges which goes on increasing.
1. You do not have to pay the Service Charges or Late Payment Surcharges. Ask them to waive them off and which is entirely possible in a settlement case
2. Secondly, give them an appointment and tell them to bring all the details of your spending on the said credit card (Each and every detail of your spending), i.e., the actual amount that you had spent. You only need to pay the amount that you have actually spent. Every other charges can be waived off in a settlement (The Credit Card issuer will say that they do not have details and will also say things left and right to pressurize you to pay whatever they demand, they will even hurt your ego and self respect, please do not be perturbed by that and insist on actual expenditure details that you have actually made – they have all the details but will try to hide)
3. Once you know what is you actual spending, subtract the amount that you have already paid (But remember that you calculate the actual spending from the day you defaulted not from beginning) and pay the rest (You opt for instalments and they will give... be rigid on your statements.... they can do nothing)
4. Credit Card Issuers cannot do anything as per Supreme Court Orders. All they will do is to hurt your ego and self respect and try to get their demand from you.
5. As far as usage of abusive language is concerned, you can file police complaints against them. You can also file police complaint for the threatening you receive from them (Record the conversations and do not use any kind of abusive words yourself)
6. They cannot do anything and they have to agree to your terms and conditions. Be Strong. Collection Agencies have no right to do anything.
7. Last but not the least, the above processes are valid in India and I do not know if the card that was issued was from an Indian Bank or a Foreign Bank in Dubai. If it latter, the above might not help but if the credit card issuer is an Indian Bank with an address in India, the above process will work.
8. You can also install true caller on your mobile and block calls from these credit card collection agency to avoid embarrassment at your office.
Hope the above helps.