• Disposal of majority owened property

Dear Sir

I am 76 year old woman staying in a apartment where I own 70% rest 30% is owned by my youngest son. I want to sell my 70% stake in this property or mortgage it . Can I do it without taking his signature or please tell me how I can sell or mortgage my 70% stake without any problem and getting fair market value.

Kindly give me your valued advice on 
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
you are only 70%owner of flat . you cant sellor mortgage  only your share in the flat . the entire flat as to be sold . you can talk to your son ask him to buy your share in the flat .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46766 Answers
2767 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Flat cannot be sold/mortgaged in part. It has to be sold in entirety. Prevail on your son to sell the entire flat or purchase his 30% share.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer