• Regarding PG study for the ward of kargil martyr

arun chhetri,presently doing mbbs course from vmmc and safdarjung hospital in delhi.i am from nepal.
my father rameshwar chhetri was an indian army(on gorkha regitment which recruits army from nepal) who got martyrdom on kargil war against pakistani army.for his indomitable act of bravery in front of the enemy he was awarded sena medal(gallentry) by the president of india.
for my further studies in the same college,the university authority have denied me a postgraduate seat stating i am from nepal and they cant give the pg seat to a foreigners.
how can they block me from getting a pg seat just because of being foreigner when my father have fought and gave his life for india.
moreover the indian army have considered my father as martyr of india in their official web site.
sir please help
my number is 9911930575
Asked 4 years ago in Constitutional Law from New Delhi, Delhi
it is necessary to go through the regulations governing selection for PG students to advice .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46846 Answers
2771 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

All the rights available to Indian citizens within India are not available to the foreign citizens. Unless and until there is any rule made by university with respect to allotting seat to the children of a martyr you cannot make it liable.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23169 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer