• Can false FIR be quashed which is present in lower court

Sir, police proved false FIR is truth.although so many contradiction points are strongly available, in the complaint , complainant did not mentioned any date of incident and time , as per police entry in the FIR incident occurred on 12/10/14 between 16:00 to 16:00. That is  total time period of incident  is 00:00 means no incident happened .and as per medical doctor incident happened on 11/10/12.complainant saying three people done fight and statement of witness saying only one person done fight.all are strongly opposed to each other and police blindly proved it true.
There is ground that dismissed the case in the court or further high court.
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
1. I may inform that quashing is hardly allowed by court and it rarely intervenes if there is disputed facts involved.
2. So in my considered opinions filing a discharge application is better option.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13106 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please mention your facts clearly.

It is not clear from your facts as to on what stage, your trial is going on. If the evidence has been recorded and the trial is under progress, then the FIR now cannot be quashed if the police have filed chargesheet against you. The grounds as mentioned by you, must be argued in the court to show that the prosecution story is full of contradictions and hence cannot be proved beyond reasonable doubt hence benefit be given to the accused. the court after considering all the arguments and evidence produced, may acquit the accused. 
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
885 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In my opinion, instead of going for quashing the FIR, which generally do not get favorable results, it will be better to contest and challenge the case in the trial court. There appears to be lot of contradictions in FIR which will weaken the prosecution case, hence a pleasant and favorable situation prevails in the trial court itself.  Gather the evidences and merits in your side, prepare proper notes to tackle the issues or allegations, with the help of the lacuna in the prosecution case, proceed with the challenge and get acquitted.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36742 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You have very good ground for filing petition for quashing the FIR,

2. However, it is always advisable to file the quash petitio after charge sheet is filed.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18730 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

At the time of framing the charge the accused has right to argue the matter on charge and if the court will think fit and proper then the accused can be discharge.
Contact a lawyer personally or over the phone after pay the consultation fee which is very nominal
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4875 Answers
224 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. You may move the HC for quashing of the case as there is contradiction between the police version and the medical opinion in respect of the time of the incident. 

2. You have twice stated ''police has proved it true''. How and where has it been proved? If the FIR is proved as true the court would have held you guilty and awarded you a jail term.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer