• Have not received my return yet

My CA filed 2018-19 return in July 2019. Again in few days my CA filed a revised return. I e-verified the first filed return in Aug and the revised one in sep. But, I have it received my returns yet. Its showing status as acknowledged. When I called income tax department, they said they are looking into it.

Please advise.
Asked 1 month ago in Taxation from Mumbai, Maharashtra

Don't worry about it if there is a problem through IT department then burden of proof lays on their shoulder. Kindly ask your CA to look into this. As per the Section 139 of Income Tax Act 1961 and its sub sections as well.

returns filed by you have been acknowledged 

it takes time for income tax department to process the returns 

1. See in case you have filed return and acknowledgement of same is received then in that case the department after scrutiny process same .

You can send a legal notice to the department for this.

If still they didn't process your file then you can file a civil suit for specific performance against the department. 

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak

1. Speak to the CA and verify if physical signed copy of returns & computation was dispatched to the Bangalore central office. Also verify TDS 26AS, was properly filed by your parties/clients.  It is very simple and nothing complicated but only inadvertent errors.

2. Till the above is complied with, IT Dept., is not going to process further and neither refund procedures shall be initiated,

Hemant Agarwal

The return takes some time and you are suggested to send queries online or offline for solving this issue. If not solved, send a legal notice

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, NEW DELHI

You need to escalate your complain to the concerned ITO and the customer care no at bangalore

You send a letter in writing to the department by giving the reference and also a copy of the returns filed by you.

You will get a response from the concerned official about this.

Sometimes this may get delayed due to various reasons.

You may not get any response now due to country wide lock down, hence you may have to wait till the current crisis settles down. 

you can write a complaint in their cell at banglore.

Atul Shahi
Advocate, Allahabad

1. If your status is showing as acknowledged then your return is verified by IT department.

2. You can ask your CA for downloading the copy of your acknowledged ITR. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak

Hi, your return will come soon. If there is any discrepancy you or your CA will get a call from department. Keep checking the status, sometimes the department takes time. Also please check if there is any grievance cell on the income tax website where you can email your query.

Varnika Singh

Since the ITR portal is status of your ITR AS "Acknowledged" it means it is received and is under processing.

You need not worry, it will take time to update status of your ITR by Department. Your CA will be able to track it.

S Srinivasa Prasad

You can only raise a request of refund re-issue if your refund failed to reach you and was returned to the Income Tax Department. In that case, login in the Income Tax e-Filing website and go to My Account Refund re-issue request. 

Well they may be looking into it and may not be satisfied with the return. Therefore be patient and wait otherwise they may send you a notice.

Rahul Mishra