Dear sir, i m a born hindu converted to islam in 2009., gazette work n all done in 2009.. i did my pg after name conversion,in 2010 but i did it in old name.. nw i cleared NET exam applying with old name since i had all my certificates in old name.. i have id proofs in new name., will it be a pblm in finding a job or so.. kindly help me with ur valuabke advices..
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
1) on basis of gazette notification you have changed your name .
2) subsequent studies should have been done in new name
3) you wont have problem in finding job as your name has been changed legally as reflected in your identity proof documents
So, if i want to do my M.Phil now, u suggest me to do it in old name or new name.. If i do only this in new name, will it be a problem? Also i found difficult to join in new name wen i tried for my PG.. many colleges didnt accept to proceed in new name since my certificates were in old name.. kindly reply..
Asked 3 years ago
1)your name has legally changed hence you should further studies in new name .
2) you should enclose copy of gazette notification wherein your name has legally changed
1. Why did you do PG with your Hindu name when you had become a Mohammedan? You are liable to be prosecuted and punished.
2. You may have to explain that you are one and the same person.
3. You should do your M.Phil in your new name if you have completed the process of embracing Islam.
4. If your candidature runs into rough waters due to the fact that your new name does not reflect in your documents then you may either initiate the process of incorporating the same therein, or you can execute an affidavit to state that you are one and the same person.
To solve this problem, you may apply for change of name in the government gazette by following the procedures laid down for the purpose First issue a public notice in the leading local newspaper intimating the change of name and then make an affidavit to this effect, apply for change of name to be published in the government gazette publication, after which you can apply for any job under the changed name.
It is advisable to use your new name only as and when you do any other degree or anything important. Everytime when you submit your documents, enclose a copy of the gazette notification as you have changed your name in a legal way. U will not face any problem in finding a job.
1. Your steps taken were not correct. When you had converted to Islam and legally changed your name your old name had ceased to exist. It was not proper on your part to apply for additional degree or facilities in your old name which did not exist legally,
2. Make an affidavit now affirmintg that you had applied for varioyus examinations in your old name and you with the old and new name are the same person and will be treated as the same person,
3. Publish this affidavit in two news papers.
4. Apply in your new name for your next examination.
1. You should apply in new name since your old name did not stay with you any more,
2. With your affidavit after conversion and also fresh affidavit as suggested in my earlier post, no university can legally refuse to allow you in persuing your course/research in your new name,
3. Should they do that, you can file a Writ Petition against the said University.