• Probable sexual harassment

Me and someone I used to know were flirting around and I ended up asking her for pictures of her. She refused and I was adamant, but after some time we dropped the whole topic, she owed me cash and then she disappeared for 4 months. I finally caught up with her and now she threatens me with those messages, she says her dad knows about it and they are consulting lawyers on how to proceed. I am obviously scared and I don't know if it's true. If it is, should I be worried?  Should I be taking any precautions / steps should I take?
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
not to worry so much,will advise you once you come across any complaint
What you have done is more a case of voyeurism dealt with under 354-C IPC. But the same will have to be proved by her in terms of the ingredients of the offence. Lodgment of FIR is no joke. please be careful next time you are interested in engaging in such acts.
Tulika Prakash
You unknowingly committed an offence. The legal maxim ''Ignorantia juris non excusat" i.e ignorance of law is no excuse, will apply squarely to you. Hence, you cannot say that you were in oblivion to the legal consequences which might emanate out of your act. She has evidence in the form of messages against you, but you will get an opportunity to rebut her evidence in court. 

There is nothing you can do to stop her from filing a case against you. If and when she files a case then contest it on merits.
There is no way around. She can certainly file the complaint even after expiry of 4 months.