• Consumer court order rejected by mobile phone company

I have won a case which i lodged with a district consumer forum, against a mobile phone company (karbonn) last month. the court has directed karbonn mobiles to replace my mobile phone handset alongwith a compensation of rs. 2500/- within one month i.e. before 14th april, 2014. but the company neither contacted me nor replace the handset so far. i have got in touch with one of their representative who represented the case in the court, two days back. he asked me to submit my mobile phone handset with their service center to get the replacement and the compensation.

kindly advise me, whether i need to submit the handset with their service center to get the compansation and for a replacement of the mobile handset.
Asked 9 years ago in Civil Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

yes you need to submit your hand set to their service centre along with covering letter enclosing copy of court order . the company will forward you new hand set with compensation amount awarded by court

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
93498 Answers
7251 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You Need to submit the HANDSET along with the copy of the court order to claim a new handset from the company. Please do this at the earliest.

Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Chandigarh
914 Answers
111 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have been rightly advised by the representative of company to submit the handset. Court order entitles you to get your handset repaired and claim the compensation awarded. Now it is for you to set the process in motion by submitting the handset along with a copy of the court order. The company will not come knocking at your door to repair the handset and award the amount ordered.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

I have perused your query, being posted o Kaanoon.com, seeking advise that whether you should submit the mobile handset with the service center of the Company or not as asked by company's representative in pursuace to the judgment of the learned DCF.

As I understood that you have been favored by the Order of DCF directing thereby the company (Karbonn) to replace your handset & to pay compensation for Rs.2,500/- to you by 14th April'2014, which they have not complied with as yet.

Under said fact and circumstance, I would advise you to lodge a Misc. (EXECUTION) Case as against same Opp. Party in the Court of said DCF for their noncompliance of its Order. It would be safest recourse for getting appropriate compliance of the direction give to them and also, compensation may be enhanced for their default in compliance of their Order.

I would not advise you to act on verbal sayings of said Representative of the company, unless any written request from the company would had been made prior to lapse of scheduled period.

Shivesh Sinha
Advocate, Bangalore
9 Answers
7 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer