• I want to be independent far away from my dad

I am 19 years old mentally and physically tortured by my dad no safety at home and no protection from my own dad. I don't want to spoil my future i want to be independent and study. I don't want to die at this early age without achieving my goal. I want to live in a healthy environment and condition how can avoid the torture from my dad and a get oly education financial support for 5 years other than that. I don't want anything from him m sexually harassed from his friends who come home along with him and drink alcohol at our home and after that misbehave with me. I have no one for moral support so I am consulting you please help me out.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
It would be better if you can approach some NGO who offer social services. Many NGOs are doing a good job of serving humanity better and can help you out.

Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


There are two aspects of your problem. One is your dad creating problems in your day to day life. In case you file a case against him and his friends, then he will probably stop financially supporting you. 
However once you get some support from any of your family members or any independent organization for women, then you may proceed to take appropriate action against the concerned persons. 

The second aspect is of financial support. You may even now file a complaint under the domestic violence act against your father and claim maintenance, compensation and protection. The court can even restrain the accused persons from entering into a particular portion of the house. But before taking any legal recourse, which is of course available to you, you must consult a social organization. They will be able to guide you through this properly and can even arrange for any alternative place for stay. There are a number of such organizations across the country. You can easily find one by doing a simple internet search for your local area.

Under the domestic violence Act, the court can even direct your father to arrange an alternative accommodation for you and then maintain you by providing a monthly allowance.

You may even file a complaint u/s 354 IPC against your fathers' friends.

Thanks & Regards,
Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
33 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


Only remedy available to you is filing a maintenance case against your father under Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code in  court, so that you can get remedy.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4577 Answers
208 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer