• Passport Expiring in 1 yr. Want to travel to US on H1B for 3 yrs

Hello Sir, 
Please let me know if there is a minimum passport validity period required to travel to US? 
My passport is Expiring in 1 year. I have got H1B Visa for US. I want to travel for 3 years. Please let me know if I should get my passport renewed? Is it mandatory? 

Thanks a lot
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Delhi, Delhi
yes you will have to since you plan to stay there for 3 years
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

your passport should be valid on your entry in USA . if your passport is expiring during your stay you have to get it renewed from the indian embassy . visitors travelling to USA are reuired to have passports vali d   for period of 6 months beyond period of their intended stay in USA .
 in you case since your passport is expiring in one year time better get your passport renewed before you travel  as US authorities may give I 94 only till your passport validity although your HIB visa is for 3 years .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45421 Answers
2668 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer