• Rectification Deed and Stamp Duty

In my registered sale deed (in Bhopal, year 2017) there is an error in the flat no. (2nd instead of 3rd) mentioned. I would like to go for a rectification deed to correct the error. Would this be considered as a minor, typographical error and exempted from paying fresh/new stamp duty at prevailing rates?
Asked 12 days ago in Property Law from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Religion: Muslim

Minor error, wrong address correction.  No stamp duty payable, fees rs. 100 only will levy.

Typographical error.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
14612 Answers
19 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

It is minor typographical error and would attract nominal stamp duty 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
69042 Answers
4153 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Legally there is no provision to AGAIN pay full Stamp Duty and Registration fee on "Rectification Deed", PROVIDED the original Sale Deed was duly Stamp Duty paid and duly Registered before the taluka registrar of sub-assurances.

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
2839 Answers
16 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- If a deed contains mistakes like mis-spellings in names, description of property, these mistakes can later be corrected through rectification deeds.

- A deed can be rectified at any time since there is no limitation for rectification. Whenever an error found out in a deed, the parties can proceed with rectification of the error at any time.

- Since, there is an error in the flat number in your registered Sale deed, hence it comes under the typographical error.

- The registration charges and stamp duty for typographical errors are usually around Rs. 100.

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
1071 Answers
19 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Yes, if the description, area of the flat remains same except the flat number then the error is considered to be minor and can be rectified by way of a deed of rectification.

2. For doing this the stamp duty to be paid is fixed one and very negligible one. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
18124 Answers
260 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It's a minor error and will be rectified through rectification deed

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
14521 Answers
24 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

This may be considered as minor error only if the previous title document has the correct number of the flat, hence the registered rectification deed may not attract any stamp duty considering it as typo error.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
58873 Answers
746 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can execute a Deed of Rectification;

2. The same will need to be registered;

3.Consult a local lawyer, with full facts and then take steps.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
11745 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

No this would not be considered as typographical error. But you can try making an application for minor error Rectification. 

You may have to pay fresh stampduty and registration charges.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
4800 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer