• Dowry case

respected sir
                     my sister-in-law (elder brothers wife ) field dowry case angst me , my brother and my parents. sir i want to know that is they any problem in join a government sector job because i am preparing for government sector exams.  

please give me your valuable suggestions......................thanx for your help.
Asked 2 years ago in Constitutional Law from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
Have you obtained bail? If no, take bail immediately lest you are arrested. You may not be selected for a government job if a case is pending against you. Contest the case on merits after bail is obtained.
1) please disclose the fact that you have pending dowry case pending against you . if you are selected your appointment would be kept in abeyance til final decision in dowry case . 

2)  Harish Kumar S/O Surender Singh vs Government Of Nct Of Delhi Through ... on 28 July, 2008  CAT 

Mere registration of an FIR, contents whereof may, however, disclose commission of an offence would be sufficient to put on temporary hold appointment of the candidate. His candidature, in our considered view, can be kept in abeyance till final decision of the criminal case. The department would thus be within its right to await the final outcome of the criminal case in which the candidate may be involved. It is settled proposition of law by now that the employer would have a right and be thus justified to verify the character and antecedents of a candidate before issuing him letter of appointment.
1) as on date no dowry case is filed by your sister in law . if your own brother refuses to compromise  with his wife you and your parents should talk to him in this regard . if your brother refuses to compromise the whole family will suffer 

2) i have already informed you that you can apply for govt job , clear all exams but if selected your appointment would be put on hold till you are cleared from dowry case .
you and your parents would continue to be liable if there are allegations in complaint of dowry harassment . as on date no complaint is lodged . dont count your chickens before they are hatched . disowning of your brother wont be help ful in saving you from facing trial .
As to date there is no case pending against you in any court of law. There is no preemptive legal action you can take against your brother or sister-in-law. If and when she files the case and names you then contest the case on merits. Your candidature cannot be rejected, albeit the appointment letter will not be issued to you till you are cleared of the charges.
Disowning your brother will not make you immune from legal consequences arising out of a case being filed against you by your sister-in-law. It is a paper tiger.

Contest the case on merits if you are named as an accused.