• Change of cadre

I joined Arunachal Pradesh Police as a Sub-Inspector on 23/02/2014. I completed my basic training on  20/12/2014 and I am currently serving my probation period of 6 months at a police station. On 21st May 2015 my cadre was changed to IRBn  citing that there was an oversight in preparation of the Order of Merit.
There was an option for preference and I had given Civil Police(that is APP) as mine.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Nagarlagun, Arunachal Pradesh
1) if there has been mistake in preparation of order of merit it can be rectified by the authorities 

2) you were not entitled to be appointed as asst police inspector but for the oversight 

3) if you move court and seek stay for change of your cadre chances of success are bleak 

4) you won't get any compensation 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45663 Answers
2684 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. When you had preferred the APP your cadre could not have been changed without your consent. At the same time you cannot be made a scapegoat for any oversight in preparation of the merit order.

2. You have a good case to seek a stay. .

3. However, you are not entitled to any compensation.  
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to peruse the appointment letter and the clauses printed therein.  If the present change is affecting your career and future employment prospects, it is better to represent and record your strong objections to the competent authority through proper channel.  
If this representation fails to invoke proper response from the competent authority and if you do not get the relief sought, you may approach CAT after exhausting the remedies available in the lower level. 
A proper discussion at length with the an expertise service law practicing lawyer in your locality would suggest you more ideas about how to handle the situation and what can be done next and how to get the solace.  Approach one.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35828 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer