• Noise pollution from neighbours

I live in jabalpur in a residential area ,madan mahal.
Just besides my house a gym has opened from last 2 years.
They have build there wall connecting to my wall no gab in between..from morning 6 am to 10 am they play continuous loud music which is unbearable by our family..i have requested many times to owner to shift there speakers or do something but got no response...where should i go for complaint and if possible i dont want him that i complained..
Asked 3 months ago in Constitutional Law from Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh

File a complaint before municipal authority if no gap between walls is left may be construction is not as per law , further file a complaint before police and the state pollution control board against the NOise pollution.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
20779 Answers
81 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file a police complaint under the noise pollution laws. As well as file a private complaint in court under environmental protection Act 1976 in its noise pollution rules 2000

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
14413 Answers
24 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

First talk to the landlord of the property requesting him to take necessary actions against his tenant, if he fails to do so then file a complaint before the local police station asking them to take necessary action against the GYM Organization. You may file complaint before municipality also.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
11620 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

A complaint must be lodged against them for operating a gym in a residential area. Their gym would be closed down.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
4991 Answers
11 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Whether permission has been granted by muncipal corporation for running a gym in residential area ? 


2) does it have licence under shop and establishment act 


3) complain to muncipal corporation against the gym 


4) also file police complaint against gym blaring loud music throughout the day in flagrant violation of noise pollution control norms 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
68871 Answers
4146 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


         You have 2 options.

         1. file complaint in municipal corporation, how he give permission to run a gym in 

             residential area, is gym follow all the rules.

          2. file complaint in local police station for noise pollution full day.  

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Complain to police, playing loud music is not permissible, Police will issue warning, still repeated, will seize the player and speaker. Owner shall be booked for creating nuisance.

And even construction is illegal without leaving set back.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
14489 Answers
19 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

You can lodge an FIR in police station  against Gym for nuisance created by them. Which is not letting you live with peace in your house.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
4718 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0


You are suggested to make police complaint mentioning all these facts of nuisance.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, Delhi
3269 Answers
9 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You can give a police complaint about this and may request the police to keep the complainant's name as anonymous just to avoid problems with the neighbor.

However if the police have to take legal action they may have to reveal the complainant's name in the FIR as well as in the investigation report, then you may not be able to avoid it, hence think of it before giving the complaint.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
58719 Answers
743 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer