• Bangalore property purchase concerns

I am planning to purchase a property " Bren Edgewaters", which is adjacent to the Kasavanahalli Road, Off Sarjapur road.

Project Details:
Bren Edgewaters,
Sy No. 33/1 (P) ,
33/2 of Harlur Village & 30/8B (P) of Kasavanahalli Village
Varthur Hobli
Bangalore East

We have the following concerns:

1) As per the BDA CDP 2015 plan, there is a proposed Hi Tech Corridor 60 M wide road (Part of the proposed Hi Tech city plan), which passes along the lake, and falls on the Bren Property. Now this was proposed way back in 2005 and the High court has put a stay order on this way back in 2008 after which there has been no progress. The Builder now has a BBMP approval, in which he has marked 30 M for the road (rather than 60m) towards the lake. Is there a possibility that the Government can again reopen this Hi Tech City project and occupy this property ?

2) The builder has left a buffer of 30 M from the lake boundary, and the property does not lie on any storm water drain. In light of the recent demolitions, around lake bed's in Bangalore, will this cause any issues in the future ?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
There are possibilities that the government can re acquire the land on that basis, the builder will not be there at that time when the apprehended danger actually takes place, hence caution is required before purchasing. 

The above answer is the reply for your second question too.
It is advised that a proper legal opinion may be obtained from a local lawyer by producing all the relevant papers before him before purchasing or investing into the valuable assets. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35725 Answers
388 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) what is status of the high court case ? 

2) if at time of final hearing of writ petition stay is vacated and petition is dismissed govt can acquire land for 60 m road 

3) it is advisable to buy a flat in project wherein construction has been completed by the builder and ready possession offered and occupation certificate issued by municipal corporation 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45570 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, it is very difficult to give opinion without go through the entire documents.

2. It is better you can approach any advocate and get the legal opinion from him so that there shall not be a problem in tomorrow.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer