• Gold ornaments stolen

Hi Sir/mam, 
My Siater's ornaments have been stolen by one of our relatives but we dont have any proof. I am pretty sure that she would have called and discuss things with someone after stealing ornaments which can only be proved if we can get the voice recording for her phone number. Is it possible to take out voice recording from subscrining companies? Please suggest the way?

Deepak Solanki
Asked 6 months ago in Criminal Law from Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Hindu

You should immediately lodge a police complaint for theft and also state your suspicion

Netra Mohanchandra Pant
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
1245 Answers
4 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Respected sir... 

Law always work on the evidence.. When you have sufficient means of evidence then only court can take your plea if you can prove by mean of evidence that that person have stollen that audio or video will work for you and be admissible in the court... Just collect evidence in any form weather it is audio or video


Thank you

Dinesh Sharawat
Advocate, Delhi
971 Answers
6 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Service provider would not provide voice recordings in absence of court orders 


2) file police complaint of theft of jewels 


3) police can during investigations procure voice recordings of your relative from service provider

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
70894 Answers
4259 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have any suspect in your mind then lodge a complaint with local Police. 'it is the job of the Police to find out the truth and unearth the stolen articles.

The police can only get the call details and not the voice recordings.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
18424 Answers
261 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

  you have to go to the nearest police station of your area and file complaint in this regard you can name the suspect in your complaint and police will investigate the matter instead of asking any other person and affirming the accused if she is not guilty of stealing the jewellery it may create problem for you so the best way is to go to the police station and file a complaint you can name the suspect and the complaint will be investigated by the police

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
5948 Answers
19 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Why don`t you file FIR directly agasint her. When police will interrogate her, she will disgorge.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
15896 Answers
19 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

The phone companies donot record phone and recordings are not available lodge an FIR against the concerned relative police will investigate and find out.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
22223 Answers
88 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


        File fir against her.

        Police will do the rest for you, only provide enough evidence to them.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

No you can't do that.  You can directly file an FIR for theft

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
15890 Answers
28 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0


No it's not possible but I can suggest you to Lodge an FIR and state the name of the suspect in the FIR.


Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
1252 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

1. You can file a Police FIR, requesting investigation and charge-sheet, for offences like cheating, intimidation, theft, breach of trust etc.... against the person, supported with all relevant supporting documents.

2. IF the Police does not take action, THEN you can file private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file charge sheet. The said Person may come down for settlement.

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
3387 Answers
19 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file a necessary application before the court to summon his call details but in such cases also you will not get call recordings but you may get calling and called number details and msg details.


Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
13085 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Dont stretch your imagination about the voice recording.

If you suspect that person, then in your complaint with the police you may name that person, the police knows how to extract the truth from the suspect.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
60796 Answers
782 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

  1. As per the information mentioned in the present query, makes it clear that you have suspicions over person that he or she has committed the offence of theft, by don’t  have any strong evidence to support your statement.
  2. It is very difficult to get the FIR registered without providing any evidence in support of your statement.
  3. But, even on the suspicions you get the FIR registered and police can start the investigation.
  4. And then in the investigation, they can also seek the transcript of the talks in their custody.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
4999 Answers
11 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No you cannot get call recordings from any subscriber because they don't have permission to record calls of their customers.

If you think she is the suspect then you should lodge an FIR with police then police will find the truth through their investigations. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
5931 Answers
2 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer