• Getting no response after getting zero marks in PG examination

Respected Sir /Mam , 
                                    I Deepak Kumar student of M.Sc Zoology 2nd Year at Berhampur University Odisha . I had appered the 1st year exam on aug 2014. but after declaration of result on 25 may 2015 . i surprise to know that I got the following marks :-

Theory : ( Total Mark = 75 , Each Paper  )
Paper – I = Zero ( 0 ) . 
Paper – II = Sixty One ( 61).
Paper – III = Thirty Four ( 34 ).
Paper – IV = Thirty Nine ( 39 ) 

Getting Zero Mark in paper - I is quite strange & impossible , as m appeared the exam & written well. 
secondly i got very less marks in paper - III & Paper - IV , which is also under provision of doubt.

Steps Taken to this :

1. i filed an rti application , for the xerox copies of the above papers. on 17 april 2015.
2. university level recounting application submitted on 17 April 2015.
3. submited an application to register/ controller of examination to check the issue & re evaluation of papers on 17 april 2015.

Responce to above steps by university:

1. I got the xerox copies of paper - I & IV on 20 may 2015 as per rti rules.
2. Got no responce from register / controller of exam. till now
3. Got no responce by recounting process till now.

So after completion of RTI process i approched personally to controller of examintaion & register of university , but they no not taken the issue seriously.

Note : I am a bright student throught my career . Also the topper of university At Graduation Level (Securing 80 % Mark In Zoology Hons)

Sir /mam please guide me through legal procedure to re-evaluate the above papers by other university (by a Eminent Professor Or Reader) , as the concern university is remain silent & not responding.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Berhampur, Odisha
1) The judgment in Pritam Rooj versus Calcutta University (AIR 2008 CAL 118) is a landmark judgment in this regard as it has rejected the contention of the university that the disclosure of the answer sheet will render the system unworkable and ordered the university to disclose the answer sheet to the applicant. The Court also rejected the approach of the Central Information Commission which allowed to disclose the answer sheets of certain examination, but disallowed to disclose answer sheets of other examinations.’’

2)in response to your RTI application you have got the xerox copy of answer sheets .

3)you are entitled to seek revaluation of your marks as per guidelines framed  by university .  if you r application for revaluation is not accepted by University you move orissa high court to direct university to reevaluate your papers 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46644 Answers
2759 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have not divulged the details found in the xerox copies of the papers received through RTI act (?) 
For not getting response for recounting or reevaluation applications, you may have to wait for the stipulated period generally the university adopts in such cases.  If such waiting is beyond the time allowed, you may escalate the matter to the Registrar or the Vice Chancellor with a representation. Even if this fails to invoke proper response , you may apply for the status of your application through RTI act and exhaust the remedies through that source after which you can adopt the legal strategy by filing writ against the university authorities seeking relief for your problem.  
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36770 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the university is not taking any action, issue a legal notice to them to rectify the mistake. if they dont mend it even then, file a writ petition in the high court seeking direction to the university on the basis of the xerox copies of the paper to re-evaluate the exam sheet.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
885 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You have exhausted the recourse under RTI Act.

2. Now you can move the High Court to have the re-evaluation carried out by a third party.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer