• Can my paternal uncle sell part of his undivided property to me

My father has two brothers and two sisters. My grand father expired and left behind about 5 acres of farm land (his self earned property). My grandmother has expired as well. 
This farm land 7/12 etc papers and records are now transferred on the name of my father and his brothers plus sisters. This property division is not done yet. They all own it together. 
1. Can one of my uncles sell a part of his undivided share (not full) to me ?
2. What consents and who all need to sign such a legal document
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1) your father has 1/5th share in farm land . better enter into deed of partition  for division of said land by metes and bounds 

2) your uncle can execute sale deed in respect of his 1/5th share in your favour 

3) the sale deed has to be signed by your uncle as seller and you have to sign it as purchaser of said land 

4)it has to be duly stamped and registered 

5) contact a local lawyer 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46846 Answers
2771 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Since the mutation has taken place any one of the owners is at liberty to sell his share to you only after the division. Unless division takes place there can be no sale except with the consent of all other co-owners.

2. In the event of sale before division all co-owners are required to sign the sale deed.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23169 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since the self acquired  property of your devolves on all his legal heirs after his intestate demise, your uncle can very well sell his undivided share  in the jointly held property to you or to anyone of his choice, there is no bar on this.  No documents required for this.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36996 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer