• Lawyer fees and contract

1) What is the name of a contract between a Lawyer and his/her client ?

2) Does the state regulate Lawyer's fees, such as imposing a maximum amount per transaction ?

3) What would be the average price of a transaction such as: taking somebody out on Cash Bail (after the court already granted it) in Mumbai ?

4) Is there a Lawyer's Fees legal reference somewhere ? In a law article, or government website or anything ?

5) Where do you advise me to look for a Criminal Lawyer in Mumbai ? Like an official listing somewhere or well known website for this kind of research ..
Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law from France
Religion: Buddhist
1)There is no such name or contract between a lawyer and his client until a written terms and conditions made necessary as per the situation.
2) There are no such regulations
3) The fee of lawyer depends on the lawyer one has fixed for the purpose, 
4) You cannot find any such reference regulating lawyer's fee or an article indicating the lawyer's fee to taking up a case, it will depend on the lawyer to fix his fee. 
5) You can visit the Bar Association of any Court or even high court looking for a list of lawyers but you cannot get the details of his credentials or any other standing details from such forums, you may have to verify the talent and expertise of the lawyer proposed to engage through your own sources only. 
1. Contract of professional service.
2, No.
3.No average price for that.
4.No
5. Make google search.
 I believe I had advised you earlier on your problem.
OPINION: IT CAN BE SAID AN AGREEMENT WITH VAKALATNAMA

OPINION: NO, STATE CAN NOT REGULATE LAWYER'S FEE

OPINION: ITS DEPEND ON THE LAWYER

OPINION: NO, LAWYER'S FEE CAN NOT BE DECIDE BY GOVT.

OPINION: SOME OF THE ADVOCATE ARE FROM MUMBAI HERE AS Mr. AJAY SETHI,
YOU MAY CONTACT OVER THE PHONE AFTER PAY THE CONSULTATION AND NEGOTIATE WITH THE FEE, IF YOU THINK THAT THIS IS SUITABLE FOR ME THEN GO AHEAD OTHERWISE TALK TO SOME OTHER PERSON.
1. There is no such agreement between a lawyer and a client however with a firm and its client, it could be termed as Service Agreement.

2. No the state does not regulate the lawyers fee

3. it varies from lawyer to lawyer. there is no set criteria. the more experienced and knowledgeable a lawyer is, the price may be higher however it also depends on a particular lawyer. 

4. no there is no such kind of government regulation, article or anything. It cannot be controlled by the government.

5. Well, make a search on google with the kind of problem u r seeking to get advice for. You would find case laws decided by the court at mumbai. check for the lawyer appearing in the cases and if you think the arguments could be of some use to you, you may hire such lawyer. you can get the contact details from the bar council or bar association of mumbai high court.
1. There is no contract between a lawyer and client. When a lawyer is engaged a vakalatnama is signed by the client in his favour. However, terms of fee can be drawn up separately.

2. The state has no authority whatsoever to regulate the fees of lawyers. In a  democracy you cannot regulate the fees of professionals such as lawyers, doctors, architects, chartered accountants, etc. For the same case lawyer X may charge X amount of fees whereas lawyer Y may charge X*X amount of fees and so on.

3. It is not clear to me what do you mean by ''cash bail'' as I have heard this for the first time.

4. I would advise you to search lawyers by reference.