• Harassment

What can I do? He was my boyfriend I had a past to ran away with a guy and he too had a past same of a physical relationship but since 4yrs we were in a relationship and he suppose to abuse me doubts me to sleep with other men which i had never done and since I am now going to pursue coaching for CSE he is threatening me that he will slame me at the airport and my father too but I have not done anything such and I can't live with physical,verbal and emotional abuse and also did a medical termination in the month of march He abuse my parents, spreads rumour about me being a characterless and about my parents and once uploaded some nuisance in the youtube also. I am trying to ignore but he is threatening me and even though telling his sister about his threats she denied...What can I do if he acts as such he mentions and don't let me stay in a new place where I will be studying now? What legal help can I seek for? Please help.....
Asked 3 months ago in Criminal Law from Guwahati, Assam

See file a police complaint against the person for mental, physical harassment, intimidation and threatening. 

You can also seek help of women commission to put pressure on the person so police take steps and the person doesn't harass you further. 

You are suggested to be a bit bold and convey to him in clear words that enough has been done by him and now he should stop his misdeeds. If he is not abiding by that file complaint against to him to police. You may send complaint by post or by email without visiting police station in person. Do write the complaint in effective manner to let police take effective step in time. it is possible that after some action by police, he will surrender and will stop all misdeeds.

Ganesh Singh

make a police complaint against him for causing physical, sexual, mental and emotional abuse to you, blackmail, extortion of money, etc.  

also, mention regarding uploading contents on youtube

Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Panipat

As a preventive step inform the police about all the threatening messages and harassment done by him this will protect you and further police can restrict him upon committing any harm to you. 

First of all, 

You file complaint against him to the superintendent of police. 

Ravinder Mehra
Advocate, Rohtak

File police complaint against your boy friend for stalking under section 354D of IPC 

2) also under section 506 of IPC  for criminal intimidation and under section 67A of IT act for transmitting your pictures 

File police complaint as mentioned herein above 

You along with your parents can file an FIR against him. If police is not taking action you can file a criminal complaint against him at court

Just go straight to the Police and file a complaint against him.

There is no other option other than complaining to the police, as your ex boyfriend knows that you are afraid to take any steps and he will continue to  harrasing you. 

If his torturers are intolerable you may either send him legal notice instructing him to refrain from indulging in such illegal activities or to face criminal charges and consequences thereon.

Alternately you may lodge a criminal complaint against him with the local police station for taking proper legal action against him for his crimes and threatening acts. 

You may take the help of local police and take precautionary measures to travel safely. 

Why don`t you complain to police. Once for all, every thing will get settle

Dear

You should immediately file a police complaint regarding this incident of threatening and abusing you to teach that boy a lesson for life. 

And don't be scared with this kinda stuff in your life. And concentrate on your study and be careful about your relationship in future. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak

1. As per the information mentioned in the present query, makes it clear that he has been acting in a way which I person with prudent spence would never do, though I am late in replying to your query, but still would like to inform you about the law that may help you in future.
  2. I would advice you to take your parents in confidence if you can as they are the first and last one who would stand by you though it sounds good that you have got some good friends also.
  3. You should file a criminal complaint against that boy for threatening you and physically and mentally torturing you.
  4. Once you do that police will take care of him and if in case police doesn’t do much then please go before the court of Magistrate for protection as soon as possible.
  5. And finally, do not regret if you happen to do such acts as advised above as he is not at all worthy to deserve you. I hope that God Would Bless You with your career and perfect guy with respect for you.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi