• Flat

Dear Sir

With regards to transfer of flat to my name the Trustees want me to change my Tenancy Rights to Leave and Licence, then only they will go forward to have the flat transferred in my name to which I clearly objected as I feel they cannot do so.

Hence I request your good self to kindly guide and advise me as to what step I need to take next in order to have the flat transferred in my name as I have been staying in the said flat since 64 years. 

Even at the time of my mother's death we gave a written application and got the same transferred in my father's name without any hindrance

Also if I could have your email id where I can submit documents for you to persue the matter.

Thanking you and looking forward to receive a favourable response from your end, I remain,

Yours faithfully
Keki D. Bodhanwalla
Asked in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Other
do you have any such letter in writing from the trustees ? you are a deemed tenant under provisions of mahrashtra Rent Act since you have stayed in said flat with your parents for so many years

under section 15 (d) of  Mahrashtra rent act you are deemed tenant . if landlord refuses to  accept   you as tenant you would need court orders to direct landlord to transfer   tenancy rights   in your favour

You have stayed in this flat along with parents. Hence, you are a deemed tenant under the provisions of Maharashtra Rent Act.

If landlord refuses to transfer rent receipt you may then move to court for necessary reliefs.