• Blackmail


I am not sure what to write facing the toughest time in my life not aware when it will end.
My father had a relation with a girl from last 2 years that girl has been blackmailing us, initially she was blackmailing on the part that this thing she will tell to my mother ( who is already on depressive medicines and she was very much aware of that) then one fine day she told her, after that she said she will be telling this thing to our relatives and blackmailed on this part for a long time and this also she has done around 4 months back. By the time she used to always call me and used to instigate me against my father. I was aware of this thing from long time but due to mother condition was not able to take a step against my father similar thing she has done with my sister. Currently the condition is that my mother and sister are on depressive medicines and I am on the verge of it as I am not able to handle her calls and sms anymore.

I am not sure what she wants as few weeks back  I was literally frustrated and asked whatever she feels right do it if she want to make a police complaint please go forward and do it, she was taking monthly money from me from last 4 months I have now told her not to call anymore to me but still whenever my father does not pick her call she will be calling me and start threatening me.

I am really confused so what she want neither she is going to police station nor complaining and making our life hell, I know that neither my father is correct and frankly speaking even I want to keep my relation limited to my responsibilities only, I am not able to look after my wife mother and my job living under such a fear not sure what will happen.

Please let me know how to move forward as I thought initially to go to police station and request them for help, not sure what to do.

Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
I am of the opinion that you call her bluff. Refuse to pay anything further. Since she is telephoning you regularly and making threats/blackmailing, it is advisable that you record the same. Once you have enough evidence about that relation of her with your father being consensual  and she  was blackmailing you and your father, confront her with a counter complaint if she persists with her demands.   
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
554 Answers
165 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What a silly person you are? Be bold and brave.Why do fear about your fathers illegal relationship? File a complaint before police station regarding the threat from the lady. Before filing the complaint discuss the matter and present situations and threat to your father openly . Don't attend her phone calls,messages and stop all the payments to her. Avoid the lady . 
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2756 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You should not have allowed yourself to be victimized by this girl in the first place. 

2. Now go to the nearest police station and lodge a complaint for intimidation and extortion against this girl. Before doing so it will be a good idea on your part to record the next conversation which you have with her. 

3. If the police does not register the case then you can seek a restraint order from the court. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer