• Leave and License

we have given our shop on rent to one tenant since 5 years.We are renewing contract every year with diffenent name(tenant has 3 brother who are handling shop).

The contract has expired yesterday and we came to know that the tenant has made Gumasta License and Aadhar card.The Aadhar card is having my shop address.

Will both the document tenant has made  create problem for me in future ? 
If yes,How? and what is solution for that or should I ask him to vacate the shop because he has made these 2 documents.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Thane, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1) if contract has expired you can ask tenant to vacate the premises or renew the agreement . 

2) if tenant has made gumasta licence he  would need your NOC . without your NOc licence would not have been issued . 

3) if your tenant has  forged your signature and obtained licence without your consent ask him to vacate the premises 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46846 Answers
2771 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The tenant is entitled to apply for aadhar card and other documents with the leased address. It does not relieve him in any manner from the contractual obligations which arise out of the contract. So there is nothing to worry about.

2. He cannot be evicted from the premises on the ground that he used your address to apply for aadhar card.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23169 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. While renewing the L & L Agreement, take back the earlier original agreement,

2. Applying for and receiving Adhar Card can be obtained by submitting copy of the L & L Agrement which will expire after 11 months. So, there will not be any apparent problem for that,

3. It will be prudent to get the shop vacated once if it is possible to ensure that the leasee does not leave his root and can not claim occupancy right.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18785 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Yes. L & L Agreement for one year and above is required to be registered,

2. So, to avoid such registration it is executed for a period of 11 months.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18785 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer