• Municipal assessment record changed illegally

Municipal  assessment billing name/ party name changed unauthorised with notice to family members of the person whose name was in record. The person whose name was there since 1960 till 2005 is expired. His name was removed from billing name column of assessment record and some other name entered without following due process of law. Name is changed on the Basis of mere letter from an unauthorised person. Mcgm is ignoring my complaint in this regard not responding properly.  Guide what to do to get the name of my uncle reinstated.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Greater Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1) on death of person whose name was in property card application should have been made for mutation of property in name of legal heirs . copy of death certificate should have been enclosed . 

2) municipal corporation does not change name on basis of mere letter . 

3) file an RTI application with BMC to find on what basis name has been changed in the assessment record . 

4) also in RTI application also seek documents relied upon by person for change of name in record . 

5)BMC will not transfer unless Death Certificate of the Assessee.is enclosed 
6)  further Affidavit made by all the legal heirs of the deceased assessee stating thatthey are the only legal heirs and they have no objection for transferring thesaid property in the name of transferee

7) if the purchaser claims to have purchased the property then he would need Copy of Registered Conveyance or assignment or any other documentshowing the devolution of title from the present assessee to transferee.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You have stated that a notice was issued to the family members of the person in whose name the assessment was being made. Was any reply filed to the notice?

2. You have also stated that the due process of law was not followed. Please tell how the due process of law was bade adieu. 

3. Who is the unauthorized person who sent the letter to the corporation?
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Who is the so called unauthorised person who wrote the said letter to the Municipal Authority?

2. After the demise of the original owner why did his legal heirs not file an application for mutating their names?

 3. However, all the legal heirs of deceased owner of the property should not fole n application for mutating their names by submitting the copy of the legal heir certificate.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18471 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a writ petition in the High Court seeking a writ of mandamus on the respondent corpoaration to correct their records according to due process of law.
Saptarshi Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
220 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer