• Name discrepancy in my certificates

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am a graduate from Hyderabad,Telangana. Since I live in southern part of India, my name since childhood had been 'M Ramesh Kumar' in all of my certificates until my 12th standard.  Because of my ignorance while filling the application form, in my b.tech degree certificate, my name is printed as Mudireddy Ramesh Kumar.  Mudireddy Ramesh Kumar is just a full version of my name Mudireddy Ramesh Kumar (M stands for Mudireddy). In some of the extra-curricular activities' related certificates during my b.tech, name is written on them as M Ramesh Kumar

I am preparing for competitive exams and will be appearing for that exam this year.  Because there will be a difference in name between my degree certificate and 12th certificate, I am worried that this would get me disqualified when they ask for verification of my certificates. Also I am confused about with which name I should write on my application. Please help me how to tackle this issue.

Sincerely,
Mudireddy Ramesh Kumar
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
1)you should write your name as  M Ramesh Kumar in your application form .  

2) you can file an affidavit that M Ramesh Kumar and Mudilreddy Ramesh Kumar are one and same person . 

3)you can also make an application for correction of your name in BTEch certificate on basis of your birth certificate 

and school leaving certificate 
you can file affidavit that both are one and same person . 

in the event any objection is raised by the authorities you will have to get name changed in your college certificates 
1. You can execute an affidavit attested by an executive magistrate stating that M Ramesh Kumar and Mudireddy Ramesh Kumar is one and the same person. Thereafter it should be got published in the state gazette followed by a newspaper publication in a national daily and 2 regional dailies.

2. It may not be a feasible proposition for you to produce the affidavit at all time. It may also not be possible for all your prospective employers to readily place their reliance on the affidavit. To obviate the problems which may occasion for you in the future it will be wise on your part to apply for correction of name in your B.Tech certificate. To this end you may issue a lawyer's notice to the university and follow it up by filing a lawsuit if required.

Using the affidavit every time may not suffice. So it is in your interest to apply for correction of name in your certificate.
1. You can not change the school leaving certificate but can change the college certificate,

2. You are required to execute an affidavit stating that your name, M Ramesh Kumar.  as mentioned in your school leaving  certificate has been inadvertantly mentioned as Mudireddy Ramesh Kumar in your college certificate,

3. After that file an application to your University to correct your certificate,

4. If University refuses to act, file a declaratory suit praying for declaration that you have  nadvertantly mentioned as Mudireddy Ramesh Kumar in your college certificate in place of   M Ramesh Kumar with a direction upon the univercity to incorporate the said change.
1. Only Affidavit will not do. You are required to get a fresh certificate from your university with changed name which may be required while applying for passport,

2. So, get the University certificate reissued with your changed name as suggested in my earlier post.