• Patta registration - presence of wife required?


We (me and wife) are going to buy a plot in kota rajasthan worth 7 Lakhs. That is a registered plot with kota authority UTI (like bmc in mumbai or jda in jaipur).

Seller is telling us that deal will be done in 15 days and then he will handover patta with my and my wife's name. But then he tells that we both will have to mandatorily register this patta with uti kota within 2.5 months or else patta will be cancelled. 

Can you save us from situation of being present in kota within 2.5 months? My wife cannot travel for few months because of health issues.
Asked 12 days ago in Property Law from Kota, Rajasthan
Religion: Hindu

Your mother can execute POA in your favour 


2) POA should be duly stamped and registered 


3) personalpresence of wife would not be required in such a case 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
58473 Answers
3536 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The wife can give a Power of attorney in your name to register the PATTA and to present before the UTI in person on her behalf.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
13124 Answers
50 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If your wife cannot travel, she can give you a specific power of attorney for the purpose of representing her and concluding the formalities on her behalf.

The above PoA should be duly registered.

Contact a local lawyer for getting the above PoA drafted and thereafter get it duly registered. 

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
7865 Answers
108 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.Your wife can execute a POA  in your favour. 

2.The POA should be duly stamped registered. 

3.Better consult a local property lawyer. 


Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
5502 Answers
3 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1.  You can arrange for a Friend /Relative person and give him a registered specific purposes POA to do the needful on your behalf.  This is safe and acceptable by all Govt. offices.

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
1531 Answers
8 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can appoint power of attorney and get it Registered without you personally not going there

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
6126 Answers
5 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Dear Client,

She can execute POA in your favor to act on her behalf. At least one have to present to register sale deed.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
8241 Answers
7 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

If your wife is residing in the same jurisdiction of Sub Registrar's office then official of Sub Registrar office will visit residence place and get all formalities done in your house or else you may get power of attorney on her behalf and get register the property.

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
1730 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Is it a patta property or whether you buy the property by a registered sale deed?

In any case your wife's presence is not required for obtaining the patta.

How can the patta be cancelled if your wife is not accompanying you?

He is just threatening you, ignore.




T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
48555 Answers
576 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer