• Starting a small playschool in Delhi


I live in Delhi and want to start a small Preschool/ Playschool for kids (before school joining) for age group 2-4 years in a rented space (initially small space) near my residential area.  
Working hour : 9:00 AM to 1 PM only
I have worked in school and other educational institutes 
I am planning to employ 1-2 maids/ aaya for the initial stage.
Do I need to take any legal permission from local authority to run this small business ?
What other legal aspects I need to consider before starting up my preschool ?
Thanks in advance !
Asked 3 years ago in Business Law from Delhi, Delhi
1) you have to decide whether you want to run it as proprietary concern or as partnership firm or as company 

2) since you are using rented space check whether your leave and licence permits you to run play school or not 

3) if play school is in residential area you would need permission of the cooperative housing society or apartment association as case may be 

4)Maharashtra Preschool Centres (Regulation of Admission) Act. 1996.provides for compulsory registration of pre schools in mahrashta.

5) you need permission from appropriate authority for starting preschool in maharashtra . it should be education officer of muncipal corporation 

6) the management has to submit application within period of 60 days from date of opening of pre school to appropriate authority accompanied with fees of rs 500 

7) in the event managment violates provision of act it shall after enquiry be prosecuted and punished with imprisonment for  upto one month or fine upto rs 5000  to Rs 10,000

8) as far as delhi is concerned you should approach education officer of muncipal corporation in delhi and obtain permission for running a play school 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45573 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You must ascertain from MCD whether commercial establishments can be operated in your part of the city. In many areas in Delhi no commercial establishments can be commenced, whereas in some parts such establishments can be commenced with the prior permission of the MCD.

2. If the permission is granted you will be able to take on rent any space to commence the play schools.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. First take written permission from the society of the house/flat ( if there is a society) for running the said pre-school,

2. Obtain permission from the local municipal corporation,

3. Form an organisation and name it and get it registered,

4.Obtain PAN card and open Bank account,

5. Since it will be a commercial organisation, get yourself registered with shops and establishment department,

6. Maintain books and accounts as required by I.Tax department and shops and establishment department.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18510 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer