• Fedex refusing to updated Gstin number on a previous invoice

I imported a shipment through FedEx in October and was charged a duty IGST Of Rs 40404. They didn't mention my gst number on the invoice and mentioned my aadhar number instead. They had asked for my gst number when the shipment arrived but didn't update it on the invoice. Hence I'm unable to avail input credit for the duty IGST I paid. I've emailed them numerous times but received a mechanical reply that they don't mention gst number for personal shipments and can't honour my request. My gst certificate is on my name and the shipment too. They aren't willing to update the details. I've threatened them with legal action and waiting for their reply. Kindly suggest what can be done.
Asked 5 years ago in Taxation

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

1) issue FED ex legal notice to update GSTin number on your invoice 


2) contact a local lawyer 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

When a buyer provide his GSTIN the seller will record the transaction as B2B transaction and print the GSTIN in the invoice. Otherwise it will be B2C transaction and no GSTIN of the buyer will be there in the invoice.

Once the buyer's GSTIN is printed in the invoice, he can claim for input tax credit and shall adjust with his output tax liability under GST.Otherwise the buyer can't avail input tax credit. 

Send a legal notice through an advocate to Fedex. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19299 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

You can Complaint about the same to the greivance redressal portal of gst. They will take appropriate action against the same.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32164 Answers
185 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

Please ask your above question on www.taxfull.com which is sister concern of www;kaanoon.com, where is experts will be Chartered Accounts.

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru
4952 Answers
27 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Please send legal notice as they have to change the invoice with time period.

G Suresh
Advocate, Chennai
394 Answers
5 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can issue a legal notice demanding them to furnish the details of deductions towards GST and the number of the gst to enable you to file the returns accordingly.

Failing which you may initiate legal steps to procure the details.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer