• Employer not releasing PF


here is my detailed case:

Date of Joining this company is 02-April-2012
Date of resignation 06-Jan-2014
Date of relieving 06-Feb-2014
Reason of Leaving: Started Own business
Notice period 3 months

Amount paid for notice period not served : 2 months gross salary (paid via online transaction) has company written acceptance and clearance that they got money.

Has all documents well clear with proper relieving letter.


After chasing my employer for almost a year, today (30-Apr-2015) I finally got my Form no 19 and Form no 10 C by my employer, However My employer has only mentioned my PF from April 2013 and my Complete one year PF amount has been kept blank?????

I can see on EPFO website my PF account being credited Since April 2012, however my employer has sent me a bill of PF credited Since April 2013.

What can i do in this case??? 

My employer had already harassed me mentally for my relieving, i think i need to take the revenge they are still torturing me like anything, though i paid my notice period amount without any argument.

Please help and Guide??? Its urgent
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Pune, Maharashtra
1. Bring the discrepancy in mentioning PF credited from April 2013 to April 2012 to the employer.
2. If the same is not corrected by the employer, complain about the same to the jurisdictional Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner.
3. If you were a union member in the erstwhile company, bring the same to the notice of the union.
4. If it does not work, send a legal notice to your previous employer.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1648 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. How can your employer send you a bill for crediting your PF to your PF account since 2013?

2. I think that some thing has been missed in between,

3. Do not pay the said Bill and send a legal notice to your employer under copy to the local PF Commissioner.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18749 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I am not completely sure as to how you have received a bill of PF since April 2013.

Please understand that this is a forum for legal advise and none can help you take revenge. However if you have a problem please state the following.

1) Is there any due against the company?
2) If so how much? And what written documents do you have to prove such due?
3) Details of the mental cruelty as alleged by you?
4) What kind of dues are we talking about here? Just PF or any other money due to(like salary)
5) Are you still in possession of any company property?
6) exactly what remedy are you looking for? Just the realisation of all the dues? or along with it legal action for mental cruelty?

Depending on the above answers there could be various 
Saptarshi Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
220 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1) Your employer cannot withhold your PF or deprive you of it.

2) It is only the last financial year's Of credit details the employer would send you.

3) As the website shows you the credit for the previous year's credit, there is no cause of concern. All you need to do is to apply for withdrawal of of at the PF office.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2263 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer