• Harrassment case

I filed a case against my husband, offence committed 498(A),506,323,341,34 ipc and 3/4 D.P act...
Its been 6 months notice not issued, i want to go and stay in in-laws place..is there any other way apart from court i can take step and how?
Asked 5 months ago in Family Law from Ghatshila, Jharkhand
Religion: Hindu

Dear Client,

Either file application u/s 9 of Hindu Marriage act or try to enter in the house, if any obstacle, call the police.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
10455 Answers
9 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

See you can take help of police to enter house as your still married in case they refuse to help then in that case you need order for residence from court.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
16165 Answers
66 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Madam,

It is your constitutional rights to enter into matrimonial house, nobody can prevent you, if anybody prevent you then call to police. Simply because you lodged a complaint you cannot be restrained from entering into matrimonial house.  Supreme Court says daughter in law has preferential right to stay in her husband's house over mother in law.

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
2514 Answers
6 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a complaint under the domestic violence act and seek a residence order.

Contact a local lawyer to help you with the above. 

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
8276 Answers
121 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if your husband refuses to permit you to stay you can file DV case seek right to stay in matrimonial home 


2) you can seek alternative accommodation from your husband 



Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
62516 Answers
3810 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

he cant stop you to enter your matrimonial house.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
9226 Answers
15 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

1) Try to call meeting in women cell of nearest police station.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
6771 Answers
53 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

So long you are his legally wedded wife, you can very well enter into your matrimonial home and start living there.

Nobody can stop your entry, if they try to stop you then you can call police help to give you protection against their acts of forcibly stopping you from entering into your matrimonial home.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
52590 Answers
632 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


      The case was filed but no action was taken by the police. If you want to settle the matter then you should go for mediation and if you want to pursue this matter then file a complaint before the magistrate and he will take cognizance of the case and direct the police to investigate the case.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
3563 Answers
10 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should file section 9 RCR. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
7710 Answers
3 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer