• Help me in getting back my certificates from college

Respected sir / Madam
im NITHIN KUMAR V, i have joined in pharm D course in CMR college , hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh , through Common entrance test i.e EAMCET in the year 2011, i studied first year successfully , but i discontinued from second year middle due to family problems 
i dont wanna study that course and i wanna discontinue the course , i want my certificates back but the college people are refusing to give back the certificates and demanding me the total six years fee which is very huge amount for a poor student like me . i completed my basic education on scholarship basis and due to family problems i want to discontinue the course
is there any rule that college can demand me the total course fee ( NOTE : My two years fee is paid already ) and is there any rule in law so that i can demand my certificates and my Transfer certificate from the college, DOES COLLEGE HAS THE RIGHT TO WITHOLD THE CERTIFICATES????
please guide me with your valuable suggestions 
Asked 4 years ago in Constitutional Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
To demand the fee of 6 years when the student opts to discontinue the course after first year is illegal and despotic. College can neither compel you to pay the total course fee nor withhold your certificates. You may move High Court to recover your certificates from college.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

college does not have any right to withhold  your certificates nor can it demand your 6 year fees . your remedy is to issue legal notice to college calling upon it to return your certificates as you dont want to continue your studies . 

if college refuses to do so move consumer forum against the college for un fair trade practice and deficiency in service
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47935 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer