• How can i solve disputes over government route?

Dear sir
I am mona kumari.My address is ward no.31 ,janta chowk,purnea,bihar.With due respect i would like to inform you that we had purchased our land 8 years ago at that time we had only one route on east side after 1 year we got a 16 feet route from the back side of my land(west side) which is directly connected from my land to the main road and this is a government route.we are living here from 3 years and now the family which is living in the backside they are telling that this route does not belong to you so stop your daily activities from this route.They are also telling that we will give a boundary over there.
They also know that this is a government route even after that they fight with my family.My father and i does not stay here only my mom and younger brother stays.
Sir i request you to look into this matter as soon as possible me and my familywill be very thankful to you.
Thanking you
Yours faithfully
Mona kumari
Ward no.31
Janta chowk ,purnea,Bihar
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers


You are suggested to give your complaint against that person to local administration for stopping wrong activities of neighbors.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Respected Mam,

In case it is government route in the Maps of the area the neighbor cannot block it , in case they try or restrict you or family can file a police complaint. No wall over such route can be made.

So dont fight with them in case they try to object or close way or indulge in fight police shall take action, you don't need to worry about it the way cannot be closed or you cannot be restrained from using same.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your neighbour cannot erect boundary over govt land

2) he cannot restrain you from using the road

3) record his threats

4) issue legal notice to neighbour not to obstruct your right of way

5) file suit seek orders restraining neighbour from obstructing your right of way

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87917 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you don't have any other way to home , you can file suit for getting easement rights overs the path but it depends upon various factors like if you dont have any other way to hhom.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Seek a restrain order against them from the Court restraining them to interfere and intermeddle in your easementary right to use this public road.

Get in touch with a local lawyer.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You will have to engage a local lawyer.

A complaint with regards to the same has to be given to the police.

No one can stop you for having access to the public land.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) Your family has full rights to come and go for daily purpose that land as per the Easement Act.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Next time when quarrel occur, call the police, If it`s govt. road than any restrain to by passers is wrongful restrain which is punishable offense. Neither they can erect any wall or obstruct the route.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You can file a suit for mandatory injunction against her to restrain her from blocking your pathway and access to road including easement rights.

If you dont have any other access way, moreover since it is a government road, she cannot object to this.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78070 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer