• Family dispute

My wife was living separately from me since last 17 month after blaming on my character and asked that she wants to live separate with my parents while i am alone son of my parents . 

 before 7 days we have conducted a meeting of our relatives and other social person . in that meeting she and her family feel publicly sorry for all the blames which they mark to me and assured that in future they will not do this type of activity . and my wife wants to come her matrimonial house 

 Now i have a question 

 1. If i write down all the discussion and decision on paper which was done on that day and send to my wife family along with all members who was present in that meeting via Whatss app and Registered post with request that check the decision and if you have any objection then ask me within a prescribed time otherwise i assume that you have accepted this decision . 

 And if they not objected on decision letter and suppose in future some complication will create ( less chance ) then can i use above communication as a legally evidence ?

2. What is better i send decision copy via Advocate or i can send it myself through whatss app or Registered post ?
Asked 5 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

Don’t involve advocates

2) send e-mail, message to your wife recording discussions that had taken place in meeting held on x date

3) if wife dies not deny contents of email , message it is deemed to be admitted

4) the email , message would be admissible in evidence

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
91278 Answers
6807 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can use it as a ere communications only and no presumption would be drawn solely on the basis of content of it nor they are bound to respond to your letter as per its terms.

2. No dispute can be resolved by writing terms on paper. It has not be done on mutual trust faith and cooperation.

So only both of you require to sit together and forma decision , may be aided by family elders. Whether you write it down or not ,that would be of little consequence.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22526 Answers
436 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Any letter or undertaking of the acknowledgment that you have conceived will not preclude her in any any manner from adoption her remedies under the civil and criminal law. Under the Indian Contract Act there can be no agreement in restraint of legal proceedings.

2. Even if you use the acknowledgment as an evidence in a future litigation the first plea she will take in defence would be that it was signed by her under coercion, hence no court will place any reliance on it.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Even if you are entering in an agreement with year wife that may not help you in future but in case you are entering in an agreement with your inlaws you can file a defamation case in case there is a breach of agreement you can notes in your matrimonial relation to spend your life peacefully

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6849 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Yes, you are free to issue the above letter to all the stakeholders involved. This could be used as an evidence in future.

Send it yourself by means of RPAD.

If you want you may also pen down the consensus that has been arrived in between you and your wife under an agreement.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, Lucknow
9457 Answers
273 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

it is better to send all terms and conditions through lawyer.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19291 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1.it is better to make an MOU with your wife wherein everything discussion can be noted down and along the disicion and the compromise and same can be signed by you and your wife and family members along with two independent relatives from both side. In future same can be used.

2. Make them sign MOU in person and get same notarised then with compromise terms.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25514 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You want to write all the matter and decision on plain paper, then you should stamp paper

and make agreement between both of you and write all the complications and decision.

After this you both sign on that agreement and take signs of all the members, who were

present there.

Then notarized this document and kept with you and give one copy to your wife.

This is a good evidence document for future.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Such communication with the girl and her family can definitely be used as evidence in legal proceedings.

There should be no direct admission in the said notice and it's advisable that you hire an advocate to do the same and send it via both registered post and email.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
6261 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Such settlement are not of much relevance but up to certain limit, it will support you if any future complications created by her. Language should be amicable. Instead of sending it, better get it execute in presence of all and attested by 2 witnesses.

Through Advocate, legal notice will send which is not required at present. You can send it via registered post.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21769 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1. No such agreement will be enforceable in law.

If you want to keep them seated at the tip of the chair for ever showing this agreement copy, you can get it notified to them, or else this will not be of any use.

Instead of complicating the things any further, better take her back on the words of the elders from their side.

2. Dont do the mistake of sending such communication, suppose they take it as insult/hurt, then the entire efforts will go waste, instead warn her that she will be sent back to her parents home if she is doing the same mischief again.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
81456 Answers
1826 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer