• Legal support to a psychiatric patient

My name is satish ,i have a sister who is having psychiatric problem and an aged parents i am the only responsible person to support them ,if my wife and there parents files a case against me.can law help me out in any means because i am not financially strong person.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

If any false case is filed you should contest case on merits

2) deny allegations made against you

3) burdenof proof is upon wife to prove allegations made in complaint

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87973 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)You have only one life. Think and find best solution.

2)serving parents is serving god.

3) A woman becomes a part of the husband’s family and cannot seek to separate him from his parents for the sole reason that she wants to entirely enjoy his income.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. Your query is no clear as regards how and in what manner law would support in this condition.

2. If she files any 498A IPC case eve if your sister was not a patient and your parents were not dependent on you then also you would have got support from law.

3 In such condition you should apply for bail which is allowed in a routine manner,

4. Do not leave your parents and sister. Your wife would not get much relief even if she files any case.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What is the case you anticipate your wife to file against you?

Since you have lot of responsibilities towards the maintenance of your household persons, you can show them with proof before court in the maintenance case to defend your interests.

You may gather the evidences for this from now itself because she may file the case anytime

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

my wife may ask to stay away from my parents which i cant effort.

You can always refuse to be away from your parents.

You are responsible to take care of them too hence you can ask your wife to come and live with you or to do whatever she may want to, you can defend yourself accordingly in the court in the divorce case if she files one

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes. U can get free legal aid.

Konda Srinivas
Advocate, Hyderabad
211 Answers
2 Consultations

Not rated

1. If wife and/or her parents file a case against you then it has to be treated on the face of its own merits.

2. Since you are supporting your sister and parents you can claim that they are your liabilities if your wife sues you for maintenance.

3. You are under no obligation of law to accede to the demand of your wife to stay away from your parents.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Wife force to stay away from parents - valid ground fr divorce. Responsibility of parent and sister medical condition will support your defense if false cases filed.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


The law never supports wife's version to stay away from parents and not to support them. You will have a plus point before court and wife action is nothing but cruelty.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer