• Land forcefully acquired in past

Our Lands were acquired by Maharashtra government in past and it was given to industrialist. we know that it was our property in past but no clue why it was acquired?, No compensation given as of now, No rehabilitation, Nothing was given as of now and current stage is the industrialist become Builder and he started constructing buildings on this area.

We are looking for help in this regards and seek solution to get the possession of our land, past benefits etc.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

If compensation not paid to owner, land acquisition not valid...

You can file writ petition at high court.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Sir kindly find out the notification under which it was acquired inquire with district sub registrar office. Take the property document certified copies from subregistrar office. Further file a writ petition in high court for stay and taking back land as compensation for as of years was paid.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. No land belonging to an individual can be acquired by the government without giving him due compensation.

2. The acquisition of private land is done through a government notification and then awarding him compensation for the same.

3. So check records whether there was due compliance of the procedure was done as prescribed by the Land Acquisition Act.

4. of not then file a writ petition in high court to get due compensation or to get back your land.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

When was land acquired by govt ?

What was compensation awarded by govt ?

If compensation was not paid did you raise any grievance ?

Is the land being used for purpose mentioned in land acquisition order ?

Kindly clarify

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87973 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please file a mandamus writ in the High Court against the Government and the builder as party and let the High court order the compensation and interest on the compensation.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If you satisfy the conditions of section 24(2) of the new land acquisition act, you may approach the High Court and can challenge these acquisition proceedings.

See a lawyer practising on the civil side in the High Court and find out if you may move to the high court and seek benefit of sec. 24(2) of the land acquisition act, 2013.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please appoint an experienced advocate and approach the Bombay High Court at the earliest.

Shekhar Banerjee
Advocate, Delhi
156 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Land acquired by Government or its instrumentalities for a specific public purpose cannot be changed and transferred to private individuals or corporate bodies. Challenge the some before High Court. And if property is acquired without due procedure under land acquisition act, than file civil suit and get stay.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

If the government as acquired this land by a notification but has not paid the compensation for this acquisition, then you may file a writ petition seeking compensation or repossession of your property.

You may approach high court after exhausting the remedies before the district collectorate and the local land acquisition court.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1, when did the acquisition take place?

2. did the government issue any notice for acquiring your land?

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6882 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is my response to you:

1. Since the matter needs urgency you should approach the High Court with a writ petition and seek immediate relief;

2. You should also file a suit in the civil court and take legal steps;

3. Engage services of a lawyer and take immediate steps.

Gowaal Padavi
Advocate, Mumbai
1920 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer