• Wife separating me from parents

Married for 3 years staying with wife, baby of 1.7 yrs and my senior citizens parents. Since last few weeks my wife started exhibiting unwarranted behavior stating she doesn't want to stay with my parents and asked me decide between them or her. I have been staying with my parents before my marriage and I had cleared out my criteria that i will be with my parents after marriage. My parents has always been cordial and cooperative with her since start but always had the negative attitude towards my parents.
 Since last few weeks she has been completely ignoring my parents. She doesn't cook for us. She does it only for herself and the baby. She doesn't like if my parents play with the baby, throughout the whole day my parents hardly get to see the baby for few minutes. Multiple times she has threatened to get out of the house with the baby. She also told lies at her house that my father once tried to hit her and he might kill the baby. 
 I want to everyone to be together living peacefully with each other. Myself and my parents are in great mental agony. Please help with the below concern.
 -- What preventive measure to be taken like case/FIR etc. so as to protect myself and parents from any false allegations or her self harming or her leaving the house with the baby?
 Please note I dont want her to be informed by any means that a case/FIR etc has been registered, if she gets to know about this then it would be difficult to control her aggressiveness. I just want to take preventive measure as a protection.

Asked 3 months ago in Family Law
Religion: Muslim

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

You can take preventive measures to prevent her from lodging any false complaint against you people by lodging a NC from your side before local police in advance expressing your fears about her suicidal threats and her aggressiveness due to which you anticipate risk to you and your parents. 

At home you can try to convince her,  if she doesn't listen and rejects all your efforts to pacify her,  then you can ignore her but keep a constant vigil on her activities. 

You can't make her alright if she's adamant and rigid in her behavior. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78057 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is no preventive measure like that. You can file divorce if the same is not bearable. Once case is filed against you then you need to contest the same on merits. 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27226 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

File NC with local police station regarding wife abusive behaviour And  forcing you to stay separate from your parents 


2) install CCTV cameras in living room of your house 


3) record her threats 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87899 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

Husband’s have no much options to fight against wife. At the most you can file Domestic Violence case against your wife through your mother.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

- As per Supreme Court judgment, wife is expected to move in with the relatives of their husbands, follow the rules and customs of their home, and ideally, blend in seamlessly as a new daughter. 

- Further, the court granted divorce to a man on the grounds of “cruelty” after his wife refused to share a home with her in-laws.

- Hence, as per law, she cannot deny living with you, under the condition of separate living from the family.

- Further, If wife is not supporting her husband for the enjoyment of life and denying relation, then the husband can get divorce after filing a divorce petition before the court on this ground.

- You can lodge a complaint as information against her said acts and threatening to the police , and mention therein that you don't want to initiate legal action , and is giving this compliant for information so that if she files any case , then this compliant can be read as a safeguard . 

- Further, if she not interested to live with you , then take her consent for mutual divorce as per Muslim Law . 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
9872 Answers
121 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

As per the facts which have been provided, you can take her mutual consent for filing divorce as per Muslim Law.

Thank You.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
4775 Answers
52 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer