• Suicide case

My brother fiance committed suicide she has an affair with boyfriend while doing online chatting with my brother she hang herself she wrote suicide note in which she is asking to forgive her form my brother he was asking about his boyfriend because she lied from him that she has boyfriend my brother has audio recordings conversation between them
Asked 6 years ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

14 Answers

Your brother would not be booked by Police fir abetment to suicide

2) Police woukd record your brother statement

3)?rely upon audio recordings in your possession

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94932 Answers
7574 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I don't think so your brother can be held for abetment of suicide, for he didn't walk the girl in a situation where she had no option but to commit a suicide.

Is there a FIR against your brother already?

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, Lucknow
9625 Answers
303 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dieing declaration or suicide note etc are very strong evidences so if in the suicide note there are nothing to implicit your brother as he provoked her for suicide than it is quite refreshing for your brother, if any one lodges any FIR against your brother than he should take proper legal assistance and ask him to keep the audios which may help in investigation and to prove your brother innocent.

Sudip Kumar Paul
Advocate, Siliguri
6 Answers

Not rated

Dear Concern,

As per the law you should submit these things to the concerned police station stating as to what has happened. This will help the police to take note of the situation and to close the file rather than unnecessarily harassing all the concerned family member related to the deceased on the name of investigation. Since she has written a suicide note and has not accused anyone in that so I don't think there is anything else left to be investigated provided the same has been handed over to the police.

However, if you have a fear that something wrong may happen like a case of abatement of suicide may come up against the parents of the deceased or in worst case in against your brother himself then it is better you should keep things to yourself till the time asked in person. Though this is strongly not recommended from my side.

Pulkit Prakash
Advocate, Delhi
309 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is my response to you:

1. Your brother can file a complaint in the police station;

2. He can produce the evidence;

3. Once he completes the procedure the liability/blame is not on him;

4. He saves himself from prosecution and possible arrest.

Gowaal Padavi
Advocate, Mumbai
1920 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Don't be afraid about this case, if your brother really have audio recording of the conversation between his fiance & her another boyfriend. keep audio recording safe for future evidence that your brother was not responsible for her death.

Deepak Kumar Shukla
Advocate, Lucknow
3 Answers

Not rated

If your partner leaves a suicide note, you could be booked by the police under section 306 IPC for abetting her to commit suicide.

On the other hand, if she does not leave any note but her family and friends in their statement give your name as the cause of your partner’s suicide then also you will be in trouble.

According to various case examinations, all girls who threaten their husband or boyfriend of suicide never commit it. It is advised to visit, police station and speak to the station officer or inspector about it.

Inform local SHO of the police station and inform him through an application stating that this girl is having suicidal tendencies and you should not be held responsible in case such a thing happens. Inform the same to her parents and also.

hope you can understand.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19299 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Your brother need to show all the chats and recordings to the police when they come or call you and your brother for investigation. Keep a copy of the recordings with you. Your brother will not be booked for any offence.

Shailesh Poddar
Advocate, Delhi
48 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

So what is the problem?

If the victim has left a suicide note whereby she as not raised any allegation against your brother then case of abetment will lie against him.

However the parents of the girl out of grudge may raise false accusation but he same would be wothout any force and the suicide note will come out as his saviour.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22876 Answers
492 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since your brother was not involved in the commission of any offence which has been duly mentioned in the suicide note of the deceased girl, no charges of abetment to suicide would be imposed on him.

You should retain a copy of all such evidences for yourself and also get your brother statement recorded in the police to avoid any future complications.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
6303 Answers
102 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First of all you have not clearly mentioned that who is asking from your brother about the boyfriend.

Having audio recording conversation will help you later when a case is filed against your brother..

From the above mentioned fact and circumstances it not seem to have made out a case of any kind against your brother.

Mrinali Prasad
Advocate, New Delhi
20 Answers

Not rated

Is there any abetment case on him? If so then only he has to display all the relative evidences in this regard. Please wait for the FIR and post mortem report before jumping to any conclusion.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6852 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

With the limited facts provided here your brother can face charges under Sec. 306 of the IPC for Abetment to suicide, however we will need additional information as to whether any complaint has been lodged in the jurisdictional police. The suicide note becomes the most important document here. If the suicide note contains issues only with respect to the girl asking for forgiveness and there is no specific allegation made by the girl against your brother there is no problem at all.

Nithyananda SG
Advocate, Bangalore
5 Answers

Not rated

This video chatting shall protect your brother from possible police action,. however he has to secure the same as per the provisions of the Indian evidence act.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85133 Answers
2216 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer