• Implication in case

I have been called to the police station in relation to a harrassment case of a girl. My friend(Boyfriend of girl) was messaging lewd remarks about her to me and i had spoken out in her support and scolded him against messaging like that to me. This continued for over 7 months at which point i began to not consider it seriously and started replying in a joking manner to it. She found all the chats and got him arrested in a rape case(fake) and 5 other cases. Seeing my replies to his chat, she filed a complaint against me and i was made to testify against him in the station where they took a written statement form me and made me to sign a form similar to a traffic ticket in return for testifying against him. I would like to know whether i am implicated in this case as a witness or if i am one of the accused. Also, i want to know whether this(Witness) would prevent me from getting a no-objection certificate?
Asked in Criminal Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Was the complaint filed against you converted in to a FIR? Although without perusing the written statement it cannot be said with exactitude as to whether your name has been included as an accused or not, but it seems that you have been roped in as a witness against your friend.

it seems that they have made you an witness

it is just that they have taken your statement under 161 crpc,and may make a witness if they so desire,when the prosecution evdience starts

You have been made a witness against your friend. Had your name been mentioned in FIR you would have either been arrested or released on a bond.

If the FIR is filed then you may get summons or phone call from police asking you to appear before it.

you can check it from the court of judicial magistrate by giving some Rs to naib court he will tell you if any FIR has been register in that particular police station or not ,do not ask it publically  as after registration of FIR IO is required to informed the magistrate by giving FIR copy ,it is better if you take the help of an advocate in this regard

you  may file AB in high court and get clarified whether they file FIR or not
K. Mohan Kumar

Adultery: Both of you have lost mutual confidence, which is the foundation of marriage. Talk directly to your husband and the parents. If matter is not solved, then move to NWC or to the Court with clean hands. Law is based on truth. You will win.

Girl: Clear your position with clean intention. You may be treated as co-accused.
Ranbir Singh Sharma
Advocate, Ghaziabad