1. See he cannot ask the marriage expenses back further she does not want to reside with him and a want a mutual divorce it is better to give her a mutual divorce end it all because in process she can file false criminal cases and for divorce she can any way proceed on the contested grounds.
i would suggest that he can be ready for mutual divorce without alimony and can go for mutual divorce agreement and can file for first motion in mean time he will get time in mediation he can peruse his wife before second motion and then later can withdraw the consent.
2. it cannot be avoided he has to give it, if in case in mutual divorce she agrees she has received all ornaments or she donot want any then it can be avoided, otherwise it is her property and she can file 406 ipc for this.
3. in mutual divorce parties can decide. In case matter goes before court and wife is not earning court may grant alimony.
4. See if she file for the divorce on ground of cruelty if husband is not ready for the mutual divorce then she has to prove same ground before court if not then divorce wont be granted. But the thing is this procedure shall cause equal harassment to you even if the divorce is not granted. Court cannot force her to stay with you.
5. Further at this point of time brother can file for Restitution of Conjugal rights in the court to reinstate there marriage Court can send them for mediation and can pass such order to reunite them .